CBSE Class 10 Mathematics Question Paper SA2 2015.Sample Papers are the very important for every student. The sample papers should be practiced to gain extra marks in examinations. The sample papers have been prepared based on summative assessment1 and summative assessment 2 pattern. The sample papers have been prepared based on pattern of last year examinations and as per latest changes in the syllabus. Students, teachers and parents can download all CBSE educational material and very well prepared worksheets from this website. All CBSE educational material is developed by our panel of teachers, have also been submitted by CBSE teachers and students.
Multiple Choice Questions of one mark each:
1. The value of k for which equation (k – 1) x2 – 2kx + 2x + 1 = 0 has real and equal roots are:
a) 0, 3 b) 2, 1 c) 0, 34 d) 0, 1
2. If the 7 times the 7th term of A.P. is equal to 11 times its 11th term, then its 18th term is :
a) 7 b) 18 c) 0 d) 11
3. Which of the following statements is true?
a) The common point of a tangent and the circle is called the centre of the circle.
b) A secant of a circle intersects the circle in two distinct points.
c) We can draw only one tangent to a circle from a point in the exterior of the circle.
d) The tangents drawn at the end points of a chord are parallel.
4. In figure 1 if O is the centre of a circle, PQ is a chord, And the tangent PR at P makes an angle of 500 with PQ Then ∠POQ is equal to:
a) 900 b) 1000 c) 750 d) 800 Q
5. The length of the tangent drawn from a point Q outside a circle is 16cm. If the diameter of the circle is 24 cm, then the distance of Q from the Centre of the circle is:
a) 10cm b) 12 cm c) 8 cm d) 20 cm
6. To divide a line segment AB in the ratio 5:7, first a ray AX is drawn so that ∠BAX is an acute angle of them at equal distances points are marked on the ray AX such that the minimum number of these points is :
a) 8 b) 12 c) 10 d) 11
7. If the sum of the areas of two circle with radius R1 and R2 is equal to the area of a circle of radius R, then:
a) R12 + R22 = R2 b) R1 + R2 = R c) R1 + R2 < R d) R12 + R22 < R2
8. If perimeter of a circle is equal to that of a square, then the ratio of their areas is:
a) 22 : 7 b) 7 : 22 c) 14 : 11 d) 11 : 14
9. A pole 6m high casts a shadow 2√3m on the ground, then the elevation of the sun is:
a) 900 b) 300 c) 450 d) 600
10. A card is drawn from a deck of 52 cards. The event E is that card is not an ace of heart. The number of outcomes favorable to E is:
a)13 b) 51 c) 3 d) 49
11. The equation x +√x-2 = 4 has
a) two real roots b) only one real root c) no real root d) more than two roots
12. If 3, 4 + p, 7 – p are in A.P. then p must be equal to:
a) 0 b) 31 c) 31− d) 32
13. From a point P which is at a distance of 5cm from the centre O of a circle of radius of 3cm, the pair of tangents PQ and PR are drawn to the circle. Area of Quadrilateral PQOR is:
a) 12 cm2 b) 15cm2 c) 20cm2 d) 24cm2
Please click the below link to access CBSE Class 10 Mathematics Question Paper SA2 2015.