Download printable Economics Class 11 Worksheets in pdf format, CBSE Class 11 Micro Economics Price Elasticity of Demand Worksheet has been prepared as per the latest syllabus and exam pattern issued by CBSE, NCERT and KVS. Also download free pdf Economics Class 11 Assignments and practice them daily to get better marks in tests and exams for Grade 11. Free chapter wise worksheets with answers have been designed by Standard 11 teachers as per latest examination pattern
PRICE ELASTICITY OF DEMAND
1. A consumer buys 1000 units of a good at a price of ₹120 per unit. When the price falls he buys 1400 units. If price elasticity is (-) 2, what is the new price?
2. The quantity demanded of a commodity falls by 5 units when its price rises by ₹1 per unit. Its price elasticity of demand is (--) 1.5 Calculate the price before the change if at this price quantity demanded was 60 units.
3. Calculate price elasticity of demand by percentage method.
Price per unit Demand
₹ 10 0 units
₹ 9 10 units
4. A consumer buys 10 units of a commodity at the price of ₹ 5 per unit. The price elasticity of demand for this good is -2. Price falls to ₹ 4 per unit. How much of this commodity will he buy now at this price?
5. A household buys 30 units of a commodity when its price is ₹5 per unit. The quantity demanded falls to 25 units when the price rises to ₹6 per unit. How much is price elasticity of demand.
6. Price elasticity of demand for a good is –0.75. When its price falls by ₹1 per unit its quantity demanded rises by 4 units. Calculate quantity demanded if the price before the change was ₹12 per unit.
7. At a price ₹ 20 per unit, the quantity demanded for a commodity is 300 units. If price falls by 10%, quantity demanded rises by 60 units. Calculate price elasticity of demand.
8. Price elasticity of demand for a good is (--) 0.5. Its quantity demanded falls by 5 units when its price rises by ₹1 per unit. Calculate quantity demanded if price before the change is ₹5 per unit.
9. A consumer spends ₹90 on a good when its price is ₹9 per unit. When price falls to ₹6 per unit, he spends ₹120 per unit. Calculate price elasticity by percentage method.
10. A consumer spends ₹70 on a good when its price is ₹5 per unit. When the price falls to ₹4 per unit, he spends₹84. Calculate the price elasticity by percentage method.
11. At a price of ₹50 per unit, the quantity demanded of a commodity is 1000units. When its price falls by 10 percent, its quantity demanded rises to 1080 units. Calculate price elasticity of demand. Is its demand inelastic? Give reason.
12. As a result of a fall in the price of a commodity form ₹7/- per kg to ₹5 per kg. The total expenditure on it increases from ₹3500/- to ₹6250. Calculate price elasticity of demand.
13. A consumer spends ₹80/- on a commodity when its price is ₹1/-per unit and spends ₹96 when its price is ₹2/- per unit. What is the price elasticity of demand for the commodity?
Please click on below link to download CBSE Class 11 Micro Economics Price Elasticity of Demand Worksheet
Click for more Economics Study Material ›