Worksheet on Introduction to Microeconomics
1. Answer in one sentence (1 mark)
1. What does market mean?
2. Name any two central problems of an economy?
3. Define scarcity.
4. What are production possibilities?
5. Define opportunity cost.
6. What is production possibility curve?
7. Why is the study of consumer’s equilibrium a subject matter of micro economics?
8. Can there be an economy without an economic problem?
9. What is a planned economy?
10. Define marginal rate of transformation.
2. Answer in around 75 words ( 3 or 4 marks)
1. What are the basic assumptions of production possibility curve?
2. Distinguish between positive and normative economics.
3. Distinguish between microeconomics and macroeconomics.
4. Explain the central problem of “what to produce”.
5. Explain the central problem of “how to produce”.
6. Explain the central problem of “for whom to produce”.
7. How are the central problem s solved in a (1) free market economy (2) planned economy?
8. Government promoted women education in India. How does it affect the PPC?
9. Draw a production possibility curve and show the following situations on the diagram:
(i) Full employment resources
(ii) Underutilization of resources
10. Explain the concept of marginal rate of transformation with the help of an example.
11. Why does the problem of ‘What to produce’ arise?
12. Explain the shift of the PPC, when resources are equally efficient in the production of the two goods.
13. Explain the shift of the PPC, when resources are not equally efficient in the production of the two goods.
14. Using hypothetical numerical example, explain the concept of increasing marginal rate of transformation.
Please click on below link to download CBSE Class 12 Economics Introduction To Microeconomics Worksheet