CBSE Class 8 Science - Synthetic Materials
Chapter wise assignments are being given by teachers to students to make them understand the chapter concepts. Its extremely critical for all CBSE students to practice all assignments which will help them in gaining better marks in examinations. All assignments available for free download on the website are developed by the best teachers having many years of teaching experience in CBSE schools all over the country. Students, teachers and parents are advised to download the CBSE study material.
I. Define the following :
2. Mixed Fibre
3. Hydrophilic substance
4. Hydrophobic substance
6. Tensile strength
II. Name the following :
1. Polymers obtained from petroleum
2. Polymers obtained from natural gas
3. Polymers used as shoe shine
4. Polymers used to make rubber and bubble gums
5. Polymers used to make pipes and crates
6. Blend of cotton and terylene
7. Substitute of natural wool
8. Two varieties of rayon
9. Two types of nylons
10. Two types of polyester
III Differentiate between the following :
1. Thermoplasts and thermosets
2. Natural and synthetic fibres
3. Viscose rayon and acetate rayon
IV Answer the following questions :
1. What are the advantages and disadvantages of synthetic fibre over natural fibre?
2. What are the properties of mixed fibre?
3. Write the uses of synthetic fibre.
4. Explain the process of obtaining the three varieties of rayons.
5. Which properties of acrylics makes it a substitute of wool?
6. Plastic being useful is also hazardous. Explain.
7. Write the types of polymers with their examples.
Please click the below link to access CBSE Class 8 Science - Synthetic Materials
Click for more Science Study Material ›