CBSE Class 8 Science - Food Production. Students are advised to refer to the attached assignments and practice them regularly. This will help them to identify their weak areas and will help them to score better in examination. Parents should download and give the assignments to their children for practice.
Lesson-1: Food Production
Q.1. Fill in the blanks:-
1. The practice of growing fruits, vegetables and ornamental plants is called ____________ .
2. A ___________________ field is one that is left uncultivated for one or more seasons.
3. In the cold storage, the temperature is maintained between _________________ .
4. A _____________ can be used for harvesting, threshing and winnowing.
5. Removing the chaff from the grain is called _______________.
6. The ______________ crop needs to be transplanted.
7. _________________ protein is better than plant protein.
8. The meat of goat, sheep, pigs and cow is called _______________ meat.
9. Protein present in egg is called _______________ .
10. Seeds have to be shown at the right __________ and with adequate space in between.
Q.2. Answer the following in one word :-
1. One nitrogen fixing bacteria.
2. The process of separation of grains from crop plant.
3. One rabi crop.
4. One kharif crop.
5. Grains stocked for emergency.
6. Natural way of controlling weeds, plant pests and diseases.
7. Removing weeds from a field.
8. Mutually beneficial association between two organisms.
9. Scattering seeds over the field by hand.
10. Chemicals which kills disease causing fungi.
11. Process of breaking big chunks of soil.
12. Adding fertilizers and manure to the soil before the sowing of seeds.
Q.3. Define the following:-
1. Nitrogen Fixation.
3. Green manure
6. Ground water
7. Surface irrigation
14. White meat
Q.4. Give reasons for the following :-
1. Animal proteins are considered better than plant protein.
2. Crop rotation is considered good agricultural practice.
3. Pulses are alternated with crops like wheat and paddy.
4. Biological control is preferred over chemical control of pests and insects.
5. Manure is better than chemical fertilizers.
Q.5. Differentiate between:-
1. Manure and fertilizers.
2. Drip Irrigation and furrow irrigation.
3. Permanent canal and inundation canal.
4. Bio fertilizers and chemical fertilizers.
Q.6. Draw nitrogen cycle.
Please click the link below to download CBSE Class 8 Science - Food Production
Click for more Science Study Material ›