CBSE Class 8 Science - All Chapters (2)
Chapter wise assignments are being given by teachers to students to make them understand the chapter concepts. Its extremely critical for all CBSE students to practice all assignments which will help them in gaining better marks in examinations. All assignments available for free download on the website are developed by the best teachers having many years of teaching experience in CBSE schools all over the country. Students, teachers and parents are advised to download the CBSE study material.
1. Fill in the blanks:
1. The two main crop seasons are __________season and _________ season.
2. __________ crops are grown during the rainy season. (June to September)
3. ___________ crops are grown during the winter season.(October to March)
4. Paddy is a ___________ crop.
5. Wheat and mustard are ______________ crops.
6. _____________ is a crop that is grown in standing water.
7. _____________________ is the first step before growing a crop.
8. ___________ and ___________organisms are called the friends of farmers which help in loosening the soil and adding humus to the soil.
9. ______________ and ____________ are the tools used in ploughing or tilling.
10. Dry soil has to be ______________ before ploughing.
11. _______ and _________tool can be used simultaneously for weeding and loosening the soil.
12. A tractor driven implement used for ploughing a field is called __________
13. Soil can be replenished through methods like ______________ and ______
14. Transplantation of plantlets into the field is done in the cultivation of the crops like ______________________.
15. The practice of leaving the field uncultivated is called __________________
16. _______________ is an organic substance obtained from the decomposition of plant or animal waste.
17. _____________ provides a lot of humus to soil.
18. ________________ are the chemical substances rich in particular nutrients.
19. _________system is a type of irrigation more useful on the uneven land and sandy soil.
20. Freshly harvested grains are sundried to remove ____________________.
21. Large scale storage of grains is done in ____________, _____________and __________.
Please click the below link to access CBSE Class 8 Science - All Chapters (2)
Click for more Science Study Material ›