CBSE Class 8 Science - Science and Technology (2)
Chapter wise assignments are being given by teachers to students to make them understand the chapter concepts. Its extremely critical for all CBSE students to practice all assignments which will help them in gaining better marks in examinations. All assignments available for free download on the website are developed by the best teachers having many years of teaching experience in CBSE schools all over the country. Students, teachers and parents are advised to download the CBSE study material.
1) What is friction? What are the two main factors on which the force of friction depends?
2) What is the principle used in ball bearings? How are ball bearings useful to us?
3) What is viscous drag? State three factors on which it depends.
4) With the help of a diagram discuss the terms: Amplitude, Time Period, and Frequency of a
5) Draw a labeled diagram of human ear, explaining how the energy of the sound wave is
transmitted to the nerves in the cochlea.
6) Name the three types of musical instruments, giving one example of each. Describe how
sound is produced in each type.
7) Using the example of a loudspeaker, explain how sound travels.
8) Define the following terms: Electrolyte, Electrolysis, Electrodes,
9) How can you electroplate an aluminium chain with gold? Explain with the help of circuit
10) Describe the electrolysis of acidulated water.
Section – B : Chemistry
1) Write differences between metals and non-metals on the basis of malleability,
conductivity, melting point and tensile strength.
2) What do you mean by destructive distillation of coal? Write its products and their uses.
3) How is coal formed?
4) Write the chemical equation for the following:
a) Reaction of sodium with water.
b) Reaction of magnesium oxide with water.
c) Reaction of iron with copper sulphate.
5) What is reactivity series? Arrange these elements in descending order of reactivity.
Fe , K , Zn , Na , Al , Cu , Au , Ag
Section – C : Biology
1. What is vaccine? Describe the role of micro-organisms in vaccination.
2. Define carriers. How carriers spread diseases? Explain with one example and also mention
the preventive measures.
3. Explain three common methods to preserve food items along with examples.
4. ‘Percentage of nitrogen in the atmosphere remains more or less constant’. Explain and
5. Write four major groups of micro-organisms and draw well labeled diagram of one microorganism
of each group.
6. Define crops. How crops can be classified on the basis of the season. Explain with examples.
7. Describe two economical modern methods of irrigation.
8. Why manures should be preferred over fertilizers?
Please click the below link to access CBSE Class 8 Science - Science and Technology (2)
Click for more Science Study Material ›