CBSE Class 8 Science - Friction (1)
Chapter wise assignments are being given by teachers to students to make them understand the chapter concepts. Its extremely critical for all CBSE students to practice all assignments which will help them in gaining better marks in examinations. All assignments available for free download on the website are developed by the best teachers having many years of teaching experience in CBSE schools all over the country. Students, teachers and parents are advised to download the CBSE study material.
I. Fill in the blanks :
1. The force of friction always act in the _____________ direction to the applied force.
2. _____________ comes into play when we try to move an object at rest.
3. _____________ comes into play when an object is sliding over othe object.
4. Sliding friction is always _____________ than static friction.
5. Friction can be _____________ by using lubricants.
6. Friction is the force which _____________ the relative motion between two surfaces.
7. Friction can be increased by making a surface _____________.
8. The friction force exerted by fluid is also called _____________.
9. The common name of gases and liquids is _____________.
10. Name the device used for measuring the force acting on an object _____________.
II Answer the following
1. Name two methods of reducing friction.
2. Why the soles of shoes and tyres of cars, truck etc are grooved.
3. What is the cause of friction.
4. How the fluid friction can be minimized.
III Define friction.
Please click the below link to access CBSE Class 8 Science - Friction (1)