CBSE Class 8 Science - Chemical Effects of Electric Current (1)
Chapter wise assignments are being given by teachers to students to make them understand the chapter concepts. Its extremely critical for all CBSE students to practice all assignments which will help them in gaining better marks in examinations. All assignments available for free download on the website are developed by the best teachers having many years of teaching experience in CBSE schools all over the country. Students, teachers and parents are advised to download the CBSE study material.
I Fill in the blanks:-
1. A Compound formed by ions is called ________ .
2. The electrode connected to the negative terminal is _________ .
3. Distilled water does not conduct _______.
4. Electroplating is an important use of _______ .
II Choose the correct option:-
1 A liquid metal that conducts electricity :-
(a) Sodium (b) Mercury (c) Lead (d) Gold
2. An atom or a radical that becomes charged is called :-
(a) Radical (b) ion (c) electrode (e) none
3. Metals are extracted from their ores by the process of :-
(a) electroplating (b) electrolysis (c) both (d) none
III Name the following:-
1. An atom that loses an electron
2. Cell used in electrolysis
3. A liquid or a moist paste that has ions in it
IV Define the following:-
V Draw the following diagrams and label it.
1. Electroplating steel spoons with silver.
2. Flow of ions in an electrolyte.
VI Give reasons for the following:-
1. An acid or ionic salt added to water during the electrolysis of water.
2. Water taps are coated with nickel or chromium.
Please click the below link to access CBSE Class 8 Science - Chemical Effects of Electric Current (1)
Click for more Science Study Material ›