CBSE Class 8 Science - Chemistry
Chapter wise assignments are being given by teachers to students to make them understand the chapter concepts. Its extremely critical for all CBSE students to practice all assignments which will help them in gaining better marks in examinations. All assignments available for free download on the website are developed by the best teachers having many years of teaching experience in CBSE schools all over the country. Students, teachers and parents are advised to download the CBSE study material.
1. Gold is used for making jewellery because- 1
(a) it is highly ductile (b) it is least reactive
(c) it is highly melleable (d) all the above
2. To reduce global warming, it is preferable to minimize the use of 1
(a) wind energy (b) solar cookers
(c) coal and petroleum products (d) all the above
3. Give reasons: (i) Copper is used for making electrical cables 2
(ii) Silver foil is used for decorating food stuffs.
4. Define mineral and ore .Write the names of the ores of aluminium and
5. (i) Name any two places in India where natural gas fields have been
(ii) Why is natural gas considered to be a cleaner fuel?( two points)
6. (i) What is carboxy haemoglobin, How does it affect the various parts
(ii) State any two harmful effects of NO2.
7. (i) Define “Global Warming”. State it’s any one consequence. 3
(i) Name the green house gas that increases in the atmosphere when
large scale deforestation is done
8. (i) Compare the reactivities of Potassium and Gold metals towards
(ii) What happens when SO2 reacts with water? Write chemical
Please click the below link to access CBSE Class 8 Science - Chemistry
Click for more Science Study Material ›