CBSE Class 8 Science - Combustion and Flame (4)
Chapter wise assignments are being given by teachers to students to make them understand the chapter concepts. Its extremely critical for all CBSE students to practice all assignments which will help them in gaining better marks in examinations. All assignments available for free download on the website are developed by the best teachers having many years of teaching experience in CBSE schools all over the country. Students, teachers and parents are advised to download the CBSE study material.
1.Define Fuel. Give examples of solid,liquid and gaseous fuels.
2.Differentiate between combustible and non-combustible substances with two examples of each kind.
3.Why does a candle stop burning when covered with a glass tumbler ?
4.How is spontaneous combustion different from explosion?
5.Special care should be taken to store kerosene oil.Give reason.
6.Why is L.P.G labeled as inflammable substance?
7.How does water help to extinguish fire?
8.Underline the substances which will produce flame on burning and why?
Charcoal ,molten wax, paper, coal, mustard oil
9. Draw a well labeled diagram for the flame of a candle and answer the following
(a)Which zone is luminous and why ?
(b)Why is the innermost zone grey in colour and the coldest zone ?
(c)Which zone is called the zone of complete combustion and why?
10. Calorific value of wood is approx.17000-22000kj/kg .what does it mean?
11. Why is it dangerous to burn coal in a closed room?
12. Write any 4 characteristics of good fuel .
13. Name the gases which lead to formation of acid rain.
14. In an experiment 10 Kg of a fuel produced 200,000 KJ 0f heat . Calculate the calorific value of the fuel.
I5.How does CO2 help in fire fighting?
Please click the below link to access CBSE Class 8 Science - Combustion and Flame (4)
Click for more Science Study Material ›