CBSE Class 8 Science - The Cell. Students are advised to refer to the attached assignments and practice them regularly. This will help them to identify their weak areas and will help them to score better in examination. Parents should download and give the assignments to their children for practice.
Chapter-: The Cell
I. Fill up the blanks:
1. The lens of the microscope close to the specimen placed on stage is called ___________.
2. A specimen is usually __________________ before being viewed.
3. ____________ are bean shaped cells, which regulates the opening of stomata.
4. Chromosomes carry ______________ which passes on hereditary characters.
5. The matrix in which blood cells are suspended is called _________________.
6. Cheek cells are ________________ cells
7. Cell wall is made up of a carbohydrate called _______________.
8. Various structures floating in cytoplasm are called ___________________.
9. Epidermal layers of root bears ______________.
10. Vascular bundle consists of thick walled cells called _______________.
I. Name the following :
1. Organisms made up of single cell.
2. Tissues forming vascular bundle.
3. These help to carry messages from one cell to other.
4. They contract and relax to make different parts of body moves.
5. Sac like structure filled with fluid.
6. Dense tangle of chromosome.
7. Disc shaped cells present in blood.
8. Algae with ribbon like chloroplasts zigzagging through it.
II. Give reasons for the following:
1. Plasma membrane is called selectively permeable.
2. Nucleus is called control room of cell.
3. Cell is called structural and functional unit of life.
III. Differentiate between the following:
1. Plant cell and animal cell.
2. Chloroplast and leucoplast.
3. Epithelial tissue and epidermal tissue.
4. Xylem and phloem.
5. Cell wall and cell membrane.
IV. Answer the following in brief:
1. Name two stains.
2. What are the different types of plastids and what do they do?
3. Name four types of animal tissues?
4. Why do we stain specimens before viewing them under microscope?
V. Draw well labelled diagram of the following :
1. Plant cell
2. Animal cell
3. Nerve cell
Please click the link below to download CBSE Class 8 Science - The Cell
Click for more Science Study Material ›