BIO - SKETCH
A bio-sketch means biographical sketches in which a person’s physical appearance, age, habits, qualities, etc., are mentioned. A bio-sketch can be constructed with the help of clues. A biographical sketch is always written by someone else other than the person on whom it is written. Most bio-sketches are interpretive; they not only present the facts but also tell what those facts mean.
• Title should be given to the Bio-sketch
• Important facts about the person’s life should be highlighted.
• Accurate expression, fluency and accuracy should be maintained.
• Give introduction of the person whose bio-sketch is written
• Name, why he or she is famous.
• Write short paragraphs about the stages of his/her life in chronological sequence.
• Use phrases and appropriate connectors and pronouns to link ideas.
• Be consistent in the tense that you use.
• Use proper punctuation marks.
Use the notes in the following box to write a bio-sketch of about 80 words.
Rabindranath Tagore is one of the greatest writers of modern India. He was born in 1861 in a wealthy family of Kolkata in Bengal, but received no formal education and was left free to pursue his literary activities. He showed interest in literary creation even in his early childhood. He was the first man from the Eastern side of the world to win the Nobel Prize for literature, particularly ‘ Gitanjali ‘ his masterpiece. Tagore was a versatile genius. He painted, acted and composed music. He also took active interest in the freedom movement.
1. With the help of the given clues, complete the bio-sketch of a German Socialist, Karl Marx. in 80 words
2. Given below is a profile of Gary Sobers, the great West Indies cricketer, who is considered to be the greatest all rounder of all times. Use the information to write his bio-sketch. (80 words)
3.With the help of the given clues, complete the bio-sketch of Max Mueller in not more than 80 words.74
Max Mueller was born in __________________________.He displayed _______________________and learnt Greek and Latin, as well as Arabic, Persian and Sanskrit. He was a great_____________________ ________________________literature and was responsible for the _____________________________ ________________texts.
Please click on below link to download CBSE Class 9 English Bio Sketch Worksheet