E - MAIL
E-mail is the short form of the electronic mail. In today’s digital age it is the most preferred means of personal and business communication because it is almost instant and in most cases absolutely free.
STYLE: just like letters , emails can be formal and informal. Companies, organizations, govt .dept ,and officers use formal emails which are written like formal letters for official communication.
Informal emails are personal emails between friends , relatives, and some time acquaintances and are written in a friendly and conversational style.
An effective email message must
• Have a clearly stated subject line
• Place priority information in the beginning
• Be brief without being rude.
• Use the right tone-formal/informal
• Have simple vocabulary, uncomplicated sentences and short paragraphs
• Use correct grammar and spelling to avoid confusion.
• End with thanks/a line saying, you look forward to hearing from the recipient
• Have a signature which may include position held /address/phone no. etc.
Your friend Ivan in Moscow is coming to India for a student exchange programme. He has heard stories about Indian magicians and snake charmers. Write an email to him telling him how India has progressed and is now one of the advanced countries of the world. Write the email in about 120 words.
1) Write an email in about 120 words to your friends describing how you are enjoying your holidays.
2)Write an email in not more than 120 words to the Titan showroom, Chandigarh, complaining that the wrist watch you recently bought from there doesn’t function properly and ask for a replacement. You are Dipti / Deepak Gupta , 450 , sector20, Chandigarh
3)You are Tarun / Taruna, living at c/24 Janatpuri, New Delhi. You ordered ne dozen electronic toys out of which some have been damaged during postal delivery, write an email to the manager of M/s Toyland and Co. . requesting him to replace the damaged toys immediately. Don’t exceed 120 words.
Please click on below link to download CBSE Class 9 English Email Writing Worksheet