A Notice is a short piece of writing which is usually formal in style. It contains information that has to be brought to the notice of people.
To announce events/celebrations to issue important instructions
To make appeals to extend invitations
Points to Remember
(1) The name of the organization /school/colony and place should be on the top.
(2) The word ‘NOTICE’ should be written in capital letters.
(3) A precise title should be given.
(4) Date of the issue of the notice should be written clearly .Date of the deadline or the last date should be clearly stated.
(5) Target-group, i.e. the classes or students for whom the notice is meant.
(6) Every notice should be undersigned with the designation of the person, who is issuing the notice.
(7) The language is formal depending upon the objective of the notice.
(8) Other details like duration of the programme, chief guest etc can also be included.
FORMAT OF THE NOTICE
You are the head boy/head girl of your school. Your school is organizing a trek to Chamoli. Prepare a inviting students to join the trek. Give all the details like cost, duration of the trek, clothes and trekking equipment required etc.
1.You are the head boy/head girl of your school. Your school is organizing a trek to Chamoli. Prepare a notice inviting students to join the trek. Give all the details like cost, duration of the trek, clothes and trekking equipment required etc. As Sohan/Mrinali, the Head Boy/Head Girl, of your school, write a notice for the school notice board informing the students that the Talent Search Contest, which was to be held on the 28 May 2018 has been postponed due to the intense heat wave and that a fresh date will be notified after the summer vacation. Do not exceed the limit of 50 words. Put the notice in a box.
2. As student editor of the school magazine, draft a notice in about 50 words, inviting contributions for the school magazine from the students of the senior section of your school. The last date for submission is 5 June 2018. Put the notice in a box.
3. You are Rekha/Hemant of National Public School, Delhi. Being in charge of the cultural committee of your school, you are asked to inform the students about an Inter- School Cultural Fiesta your school has to take part. Write a notice, in not more than 50 words, asking students to come for selection. Put the notice in a box.
Please click on below link to download CBSE Class 9 English Notice Writing Worksheet