CBSE Class 7 Science All Chapters MCQs Set D. Multiple choice questions have become an integral part of the CBSE examination system. Almost all exams have a section for MCQs. Students are advised to refer to the attached MCQ database and practice them regularly. This will help them to identify their weak areas and will help them to score better in examination. Parents should download and give the MCQs to their children for practice.
1. The most suitable material for making the core of an electromagnet is :
(a) Iron (b) Brass
(c) Aluminum (d) Steel
2. Which soil has the highest water holding capacity?
(a) Sandy soil (b) Clayey soil
(c) Loam (d) Gravel
3. Electric current is passed through a copper wire AB as shown in the diagram.
What effect will it have on a compass needle brought near it?
(a) Compass needle will show deflection
(b) Compass needle will not show deflection
(c) The compass needle will become red hot
(d) The compass needle will break
4. Ram is standing Sm away from the plane mirror.If he moves 2m towards the mirror, what will be the distance between Ram's image and the mirror?
(a) 3m (c) 2m
(b) 6m (d) 7m
5. Who discovered magnetic effect of electric current?
(a) Joule (b) Maxwell
(c) Oersted (d) Newton
6. . Identify the plant that vegetatively propagates· through leaves.
(a) Potato (b) Rose
(c) Bryophyllum (d} Jasmine
7. Mature ovary forms
(a) Seed (c) Fruit
(b) Flower (d) Both (a) and (c)
8. If a image cannot be obtained on the screen, it must be
(a) Real (b) Virtual
(c) Imageless (d) None of the above
9. They help to increase the surface area of root for absorption of water and minerals :
(a) Xylem (b) Root hair
(c) Phloem . (d) .Both (a) and (b)
10. Presence of which one of the following makes the soil fertile?
(a) Clay (b) Silt
(c) Humus (d) Sand
Click for more Science Study Material ›