CBSE Class 7 Science Fibre to Fabric MCQs. Multiple choice questions have become an integral part of the CBSE examination system. Almost all exams have a section for MCQs. Students are advised to refer to the attached MCQ database and practise them regularly. This will help them to identify their weak areas and will help them to score better in examination. Parents should download and give the MCQs to their children for practice.
1. Which of the following is naturally occurring polymer?
(A Polythene (B) Starch (C) Nylon (D) Teflon
2. Neoprene is a polymer of
(A) chloroprene (B) chloroquin (C) propylene (D) isoprene
3. The monomer unit of PVC is:
(A) vinyl chloride (B) ethylene (C) chloroprene (D) acrylonitrile
4. Nylon-66 is obtained from
(A) hexamethylene diamine and adipic acid (B) phenol and formaldehyde
(C) propylene and adipic acid (D) adipic acid and phthalic acid
5. Which of the following is not an example of addition polymer?
(A) Polystyrene (B) Polyethylene (C) Polypropylene (D) Terylene
6. Buna-S is obtained by the polymerisation of butadiene and
(A) chloroprene (B) styrene (C) acrylonitrile (D) adipic acid
7. F2C = CF2 is a monomer of
(A) glyptal (B) teflon (C) orlon (D) buna-S
8. Natural rubber is
(A) neoprene (B) trans-polyisoprene (C) cis-polyisoprene (D) butyl rubber
9. Terylene is a polymer of ethylene glycol and
(A) phthalic acid (B) terephthalic acid (C) adipic acid (D) 1,6-hexadiamine
10. Which of the following is not a step growth polymer?
(A) Polybutadine (B) Nylon-6,6 (C) Glyptal (D) Terylene
11. Peptide bond is present in
(A) carbohydrates (B) nucleic acids (C) a-amino acids (D) proteins
12. Which of the following fibres are made of polyamides?
(A) Dacron (B) Orlon (C) Nylon-6, 6 (D) Rayon
13. Nylon-6, 6 is made from
(A) 1,3-butadiene (B) chloroprene (C) adipic acid (D) caprolactam
14. Self drinks and baby feeding bottles are generally made up of
(A) Polyester (B) Polyurethane (C) Polyurea (D) Polyamide
15. Teflon is a polymer of
(A) tetrafluoroethylene (B) tetraiodoethylene (C) tetrabromoethylene (D) tetrachloroethylene.
16. Which of the following is used in paints?
(A)Terylene (B) Nylon (C) Glyptal (D) Chloroprene
17. Which of the following is a biodegradable polymer?
(A) Cellulose (B) Polystyrene (C) Polyvinylchloride (D) Nylon-6, 6