CBSE Class 7 Science MCQs-Electric current and its Effects. Revision worksheets, Sample papers, Question banks and easy to learn study notes for all classes and subjects based on CBSE and NCERT Electric current and its Effects guidelines. Students and parents can download free a collection of all study material issued by various best schools in India. The study material has been carefully compiled by the best teachers in India. The students should practice the questions database to get better marks in examination.Based on the same pattern as released by CBSE every year. Study material for final/ term/ SA1/ SA2 Examinations conducted by various schools affiliated to Central Board of Secondary Education (CBSE) in India and abroad. CBSE Study material has been compiled to help students preparation which will helps the students to concentrate more in areas which carry more marks.
1. A combination of two or more cells is called ( )
a. A Battery b. A Button cell c. An Electric cell d. Truck Battery
2. When an electric circuit from the positive terminal of the battery to the negative terminal of the battery is complete, then the circuit is said to be
a. Closed b. OPen c. No change d. Disconnected
3. Current flows through the circuit when the circuit is in the ________condition. ( )
a. Closed b. Open c. Broken d. Incomplete
4. An electric wire connected in a circuit gets heated up when current is allowed to flow through it . This is due to
a. Heating effect of current b. Electrical effect of current
c. Musical effect of current d. Optical effect of current
5. A glowing filament will be
a. At a low temperature b. At a high temperature
c. At atmospheric temperature d. At the temperature of ice
6. The heat energy produced by a glowing bulb can be minimised by using _____ bulbs in place of ordinary electric bulbs ( )
a. A candle b. CFL bulbs c. Torch d. Kerosene lamp
7. The wire which melts and breaks the circuit when large current is allowed to flow through it is called
a. A fuse wire b. Electric wire c. Connecting wire d. Filament
8. _________piece is attracted by an electromagnet
a. Wood b. Iron c. Plastic d. Rubber
9. An electromagnet is one which behaves as a magnet when current is ______
a. Allowed to flow through b. Not allowed to flowthrough c. Stopped from flowing through it
10. When the current flowing through the fuse wire exceeds the safety limit, then it will be ______ breaking the circuit.
a. Melted away b. Remains the same c. Damages the circuit d. Makes the circuit remain connected.
11. Who discovered that when a compass needle is kept nearer to an electric circuit in which current is flowing ,it deflects.
a. Hans Christian Oersted b. Michael Faraday c. Galileo d. Newton
12. When electric current passes through a wire , it behaves like a magnet. This is the
a. Magnetic effect of current b. Electrical effect of current
c. Heating effect of current d. Optical effect of current
13. Electric Bell works on the principle
a. Electrical energy is converted into mechanical energy
b. Electrical energy is converted into sound energy
c. Mechanical energy is converted into sound energy
d. Sound energy is converted into electrical energy.
Please refer to attached file for CBSE Class 7 Science MCQs-Electric current and its Effects