CBSE Class 8 Social Science Sample Paper Set U.Sample Papers are the very important for every student. The sample papers should be practiced to gain extra marks in examinations. The sample papers have been prepared based on summative assessment1 and summative assessment 2 pattern. The sample papers have been prepared based on pattern of last year examinations and as per latest changes in the syllabus. Students, teachers and parents can download all CBSE educational material and very well prepared worksheets from this website. All CBSE educational material is developed by our panel of teachers, have also been submitted by CBSE teachers and students.
Section – A
A1. Read the following passage and answer the following questions: (12 marks)
1. There was once a healthy, attractive young girl named Lucy. She lived
with her mother Diana. Diana was the powerful Goddess of all growing things, especially the plants that people used for food.
2. One day Lucy went out into the fields with some of her friends to pick flowers. Suddenly the earth shook and a large opening appeared. A Chariot drawn by two jet black horses and driven by a man with fearsome features emerged. The frightening figures grabbed Lucy and disappeared from there.
3. Lucy called for help and struggled for help but in vain. Within seconds, she was taken away by the king of the underworld, Hades. He had heard of her beauty and had come to take her for his bride.
4. Diana heard of her daughter’s cries and rushed to save her. For days and months she wandered over the earth searching for Lucy. Finally she got to know about her daughter from the Sun.
5. Diana was in despair. She neglected her duties and soon the green, fertile land became brown, frozen and lifeless. She decided that the earth would never see greenery until her daughter returned to her.
6. Finally, Diana sought the help of her brother Zeus, the king of all gods who promised to fight with Hades to rescue her daughter.
7. Meanwhile, Lucy refused to eat or drink, for she had learned that if she did, she would never be free from Hades. But when she saw Zeus she forgot her fast and on Zeus’s insistence ate six seeds of a large red pomegranate.
8. After a long battle Zeus defeated Hades and rescued Lucy, who was very happy to be united with her mother but she was unlucky as she had to return to the underworld for six months each year, one month for each pomegranate she had eaten and when this happened, Diana always mourned and neglected her duties. It is then that Earth became cold and brown. And that is why many people believe that Earth experiences several cold months and warm months each year.
Please click the below link to access CBSE Class 8 Social Science Sample Paper Set U.
Click for more Social Science Study Material ›