CBSE Class 8 Social Science Sample Paper Set R.Sample Papers are the very important for every student. The sample papers should be practiced to gain extra marks in examinations. The sample papers have been prepared based on summative assessment1 and summative assessment 2 pattern. The sample papers have been prepared based on pattern of last year examinations and as per latest changes in the syllabus. Students, teachers and parents can download all CBSE educational material and very well prepared worksheets from this website. All CBSE educational material is developed by our panel of teachers, have also been submitted by CBSE teachers and students.
Section - A
1. Which of the following is associated with Brihadeshvara temple?
(a) Pala Kings (b) Chola Kings (c) Rashtrakutta Kings (d) Pratihara Kings
2. How many kinds of taxes were allowed under Holy Islamic Law?
(a) Four (b) Five (c) Six (d) Three
3. Doctrine of Lapse was introduced by
(a) Lord Wellesly (b) Lord Dalhousie (c) Lord Canning (d) LordCorn Wallis
4. Tipu Sultan encouraged local artists who painted
(a) Murals (b) portraits (c) miniatures (d) oil paintings
5. The First World War start in
(a) 1914 (b) 1915 (c) 1916 (d) 1917
6. Which is not a fossil fuel?
(a) Coal (b) Petroleum (c) natural gas (d) Biogas
7. Minerals are extracted in different ways like
(a) Mining (b) Drilling (c) Quarrying (d) All of these
8. Which of the following is a non conventional source of energy
(a) Hydel energy (b) thermal energy (c) Geothermal energy (d) Firewood
9. The first country to develop hydroelectricity was
(a) Holland (b) Belgium (c) Norway (d) Sweden
10. The country which is the leading producer of rice
(a) India (b) Japan (c) China (d) Indonesia
11. Name the country which does not have a written Constitution
(a) USA (b) Britain (c) India (d) France
12. The Fundamental Duties were included in the Constitution in
(a) 1950 (b) 1960 (c) 1976 (d) 1980
13. Prime Minister is the
(a) Head of the State (b) Head of the Government (c) Head of the Lok Sabha (d) Head of Rajya Sabha
14. A member of the Rajya Sabha serves for a period of
(a) 5 years (b) 6 Years (c) 7 Years (d) 8 years
15. A body of electors chosen for the purpose of election is called
(a) Voters (b) Electors (c) Electorate (d) Electoral College
Section - B
16. What were the changes in the policies of British after 1858?
17. What is Jamdani?
18. How did the First World War give boost to textile, and iron and steel industry
19. Write the recommendations made by the Wood’s Despatch 1854
20. Explain the fundamental aspects of basic Scheme of Education
21. Why the Earth is called a blue planet?
22. State the main difference between Universe and galaxy.
23. What is agriculture development?
24. What is mixed farming?
25. Give the main reasons of diversity.
Please click the below link to access CBSE Class 8 Social Science Sample Paper Set R.
Click for more Social Science Study Material ›