CBSE Class 8 Social Science Sample Paper Set N. It’s always recommended to practice as many sample papers as possible before the examinations. Students can download the sample papers and also question papers of previous years to practice and score better marks in examinations. Refer to other links too for more sample papers.
1. What were the efforts taken by the British to compete with Indian textile?
2. Why was the art of Raja Ravi Verma known as modem as well as national?
3. Why did Gandhiji choose to break the salt law?
4. Why was the Non- Cooperation Movement called off?
5. Give three reasons for the decline of Indian craft of iron smelting?
6. Name three problems that the newly independent nation of lndia faced? 30 marks
7. How painting developed in Calcutta in the nineteenth century? 3
8. What were the methods used by moderates during the Indian National Movement and why?
9. Describe four features of the Indian Constitution that came into effect on 26 January 1950?
10. On the political map of lndia, mark the following:
(d) Masulipatnam. (e) Calicut
11. Define the following terms: (a) Population Explosion (b) Industrial system
(c) Shifting Cultivation
12. Why steel is called the backbone of modem industry?
13. What are the two factors that influence population change?
14. What are population pyramids? How do they help in understanding about the population of a country?
15. Explain the sentence ' Farming is a System'?
16. Differentiate between Subsistence farming and Commercial farming?
17. What were the factors responsible for the development of Cotton Textile Industry in Ahmedabad?
18. Name and mark the following on the map of the world :
(a) Two iron and steel industrial nations.
(b) Two nations where textile industry is concentrated. (c) Silicon Valley of India.
19. What do you understand by the term' Adivasis'?
20. Write a short note on following : (a) Bhopal Gas Tragedy
(b) Article 22 of the Indian Constitution
21. What is the role of a judge in India?
22. What are the advantages to foreign companies in setting up production in India?
23. How development hits affected the life of Adivasis negatively?
24. Explain in detail. 'a Fair Trial'?
Please click the link below to download CBSE Class 8 Social Science Sample Paper Set N.
Click for more Social Science Study Material ›