CBSE Class 8 Social Science Sample Paper Set P. It’s always recommended to practice as many sample papers as possible before the examinations. Students can download the sample papers and also question papers of previous years to practice and score better marks in examinations. Refer to other links too for more sample papers.
Tick the correct option
1) Universal Adult Franchise means
a) Right to vote given to educated citizens
b) A union of adults who can speak French
c) Right to vote given to all Universities
d) Right to vote given to all adult citizens
2) There are 233 elected members plus 12 members nominated by the President in a) Lok Sabha b) State Legislative Assembly c) State Legislative Council d) Rajya Sabha
3) A •Farman' was
a) a royal procession
b) a royal order
b) a royal paintingd) a royal dress
4) The Battle of Plassey was fought in
5) As the •Diwan' of Bengal, the British Company became
a) the chief financial administrator of Bengal
b) the rulers of Bengal
c) the chief administrator of Bengal
d) the bankers of Bengal
6) Under this system, the Zamindars were asked to collect rent :from the peasants and pay revenue to the company. The system was called
c) permanent settlement
d) nij cultivation
7) Plant species occurring in distinct groups in areas having similar climatic conditions are known as-------
b) exotic vegetation
c) natural vegetation
8) Multi-purpose protected areas aimed at conservation and protection of biodiversity are known as-------------
a) national parks
c) wildlife sanctuaries
9) Which one of the following is a human-made resource?
a) Medicines to treat cancer.
b) Spring water.
c) Tropical forests
d) Logof a wood.
10) Which one of the following does NOT make a resource?
a) Time b) Utility c) Quantity d) Value
SECTION A: IDSTORY
Q.11 Define the term colonization.
Q.12 The battle of Plassey is an important landmark in the history of India. Justify.
Q.13 -Doctrine of Lapse was an unfair method adopted by the British to annex Indian states Explain.
Q.14 What were the grievances of the sepoys?
Q.15 Give three reasons of conflict between nawab Siraj ud daulah and East India Company.
Q.16 Why is the revolt of 1857 called 'the First War of Independence."
Q.17_ Why did surveys become a common practice under colonial government? Give example to support your answer. 4
Please click the link below to download CBSE Class 8 Social Science Sample Paper Set P.
Click for more Social Science Study Material ›