Read and download free pdf of CBSE Class 11 Economics Measures Of Central Tendency Assignment. Get printable school Assignments for Class 11 Economics. Standard 11 students should practise questions and answers given here for Economics in Grade 11 which will help them to strengthen their understanding of all important topics. Students should also download free pdf of Printable Worksheets for Class 11 Economics prepared as per the latest books and syllabus issued by NCERT, CBSE, KVS and do problems daily to score better marks in tests and examinations
Points to Remember :-
* A central tendency is a single figure that represents the whole mass of data.
* Arithmetic mean or mean is the number which is obtained by adding the values of all the items of a series and dividing the total by the number of items.
* When all items of a series are given equal importance than it is called simple arithmetical mean and when different items of a series are given different weights according with their relative importance is known weighted arithmetic mean.
* Median is the middle value of the series when arranged in ascending order.
* When a series is divided into more than two parts, the dividing values are called partition values.
* If a statistical series is divided into four equal parts, the end value of each part is called a quartile and denoted by ‘Q’.
* The first quantile or lower quartile (Q1) is that value which divides the first half of an orderly arranged series into two equal parts.
* Third quartile or upper quartile (Q3) is that value which divides the latter half of an ascending orderly arrenged series into two equal parts.
* Mode is the value which occurs most frequently in the series, that is modal value has the highest frequency in the series.
1. What is meant by central tendency?.
2. What are the types of mean?.
3. Name any two partition values.
4. Give the meaning of arithmatic average.
5. Define mode.
6. Pocket money of 8 students is Rs. 6,12,18, 24, 30, 36, 42 and 48, calculate mean.
7. Write the formula for weighted mean.
8. What is the relation among the mean, median and mode?
9. Which partition value divide the total set of values into four equal parts.
10. Give the meaning of combined mean.
11. A shoes manufacturing company only manufactures shoes for adults. Company wants to know the most popular size. Which type of central tendency will be the most appropriate?
12. Which diagram is used for finding the value of mode graphically?
13. Mention one demerit of mode.
14. If the values of mean and median are 40 and 48. Find out the most probable value of mode.
15. Calculate mode from the following data 10, 8, 10, 6, 4, 12, 10, 8,
10, 18, 16, 10, 18, 10, 10.
16. How is the value of median computed with the help of ogive curves?.
17. What is positional average?
18. What is the sum of deviations taken from mean in a series.
1. Give four objectives of statistical average.
2. Show that the sum of deviations of the values of the variable from their arithmatic mean is equal to zero.
3. Write the merits of median.
4. Calculate median from the following data
5. State three advantages of mode.
6. What are four demerits of mean.
7. Average income of 50 families is Rs. 3000. Average income of 12 families is Rs. 18000. Find the average income of rest of the families (Ans. 3378.95)
8. What are the essentials of a good average.
9. Mean marks obtained by a student in his five subjects are 15 in english he secures 8 marks, in economics 12, in mathematics 18 and in commerce 9, Find out the marks he secured in statisties.
10. What is meant by weighted arithmatic mean? How is it calculated?.
11. Name and define three statistical averages.
12. State any two reasons of difference between median and mode.
13. Explain the characterstics, merits and demerits of mean.
Please refer to attached file for CBSE Class 11 Economics Measures Of Central Tendency Assignment
Click for more Economics Study Material ›