CBSE Class 11 Economics Collection of Data Assignment . Based on CBSE and NCERT guidelines. The students should read these basic concepts to gain perfection which will help him to get more marks in CBSE examination.
Collection of Data
* For statistical investigation, collection of data is the first and foremost.
Important points to be kept in mind While drafting the questionnaire
A. Introduction and purpose of investigation.
B. Reasonable number of questions.
C. Questions should be small & clear.
D. Questions should be arranged logically.
E. Instructions should be clear.
F. Proper space for answer.
G. Questions should be relevant to the investigation.
H. Personal questions should be avoided.
I. Avoid questions of calculations.
Methods of Sampling
Random Sampling Non-Random Sampling
a. Simple or unrestricted a. Judgement sampling random sampling
b. Restricted random sampling b. Quota sampling
i) Stratified c- convenience sampling
iii) multistage or cluster sampling.
* Census survey : In this method every element of population is included in the investigation.
* Sample Survey : In this method a group of units respresenting all the units of the population is investigated.
* Population or universe : In statistics population or universe simply refers to an aggregate of items to be studied for an investigation.
*Sample : A group of items taken from the population for investigation and representative of all the items.
* Sampling Errors : Sampling error is the difference between the result of studying a sample and the result of the census of the whole population
1. Differentiate between primary and secondary data.
2. Write four merits of census method of collecting the data.
3. Mention three demerits of sample method of collecting the data.
4. Distinguish between sampling and non-sampling errors.
5. What is meant by census method?
6. What do you mean by random sampling?.
7. Discuss the term ‘universe’ and ‘sample’ with example.
8. Census of India is the main source of secondary data. explain.
9. What is pilot survey? explain its importance.
Please refer to attached file for CBSE Class 11 Economics Collection of Data Assignment
Click for more Economics Study Material ›