CBSE Assignment for Class 11 Economics -Development Experience of India . Based on CBSE and CCE guidelines. The students should read these basic concepts to gain perfection which will help him to get more marks in CBSE examination.
Development Experience of India
A Comparison with Neighbours
- Points to Remember
- Development Path of India, Pakistan and China :
i) All the three countries started their developmental path at the same time. India and Pakistan got independence in 1947 and people’s Republic of China was established in 1949.
ii) All the three countries had started planning their development strategies in similar ways. India announced its First Five Year Plan in 1951, Pakistan announced in 1956 and China in 1953.
iii) India and Pakistan adopted similar strategies, such as creating a large public sector and raising public expenditure on social development.
iv) Both India and Pakistan had adopted ‘mixed economy’ model but China had adopted ‘Command Economy’ model of economic growth.
v) Till 1980s, all the three countries had similar growth rates and per capita incomes.
vi) Economic Reforms were initiated in China in 1978, in Pakistan in 1988 and in India in 1991.
DEVELOPMENT STRATEGY :
i) After the establishment of People’s Republic of China under oneparty rule, all the critical sectors of the economy, enterprises and lands owned and operated by individuals, were brought under government control.
ii) A programme named ‘The Great Leap Forward (GLF) campaign
was initiated in 1958, which aimed at industrialising the country on a massive scale. Under this programme, people were encouraged to set up industries in their backyards.
1. What type of economic system is followed in China?
2. Mention some examples of regional and economic groupings.
3. When were reforms introduced in all the three conomies?
4. Give the meaning of infant mortality rate.
5. In which country, the Great Proletarian Cultural Revolution was introduced?
6. Between India and China, which country has higer value of Human Development Index?
7. Mention the major reason for the low population growth in China.
8. Name the programme started in China with the aim of industrialisation.
9. Which country has the highest life expectancy - India, China or Pakistan?
10. Out of China, Pakistan and India, which country has the largest contribution of the service sector to the GDP?
Please refer to attached file for CBSE Class 11 Economics Development Experience of India Assignment
Click for more Economics Study Material ›