Give answer to the following questions: -
Q 1. Which are the main temples of Northern India?
1. Vishnu Temple at Jagannath Puri
2. Lingaraj Temple at Bhubaneshwar
3. The Sun Temple at Konark
4. Tejpal Temple at Mount Abu.
Q 2. Describe the main features of the Indian-Muslim architecture.
1. Domes, lofty and minars were built in this new style called Indo-Islamic architecture.
2. Many monuments like mosques, forts, graveyards etc. were built.
Q 3. Which are the temples of the southern India?
1. The Raj Rajeshwar Temple
2. Gangaikonda Cholapuram Temple
3. Kailash Temple at Ellora.
Q 4. Why Mughal emperor Shah Jahan is called the 'Prince of Builders'?
Ans. Shah Jahan was a great builder. He built Diwan-i-Aam, Diwan-i-Khas, Jama Masjid, Moti Masjid and Taj Mahal. So, he is called the 'Prince of Builders'.
Fill in the Blanks
1. The Qutab Minar was completed by Iltutmish.
2. Fatehpur Sikri near Agra, was built by Akbar as his new capital.
3. The Buland Darwaza is situated at Fatehpur Sikri.
4. The Taj Mahal was built by in the memory of Mumtaz Mahal.
5. Jahangir built the Tomb of Akbar.
Write True (√) or False (X) for each statement:
1. Turks and Afghans introduced new styles and techniques of architecture in India. (True)
2. The temples at Khajuraho were built by the rulers of the Chandella dynasty. (True)
3. Ala-ud-din Khilji built a new capital at Siri.(True)
4. Mohammed Tughlaq built Tughlaqabad. (False)
5. The Dravidian style of architecture was used in the Chola temples. (True)
Match the following:-
1. Lingaraja Temple - Bhubaneshwar
2. Birhadeshvara Temple - Tanjore
3. Adhai Din Ka Jhonpara - Ajmer
4. Adina Masjid - Pandua (West Bengal)
5. Hamayun's Tomb - Delhi
6. Moti Masjid - Agra
7. Red Fort - Delhi
8. Taj Mahal - Agra
Please click the below link to access CBSE Class 7 Geography - Monumental Architecture