Read and download free pdf of CBSE Class 9 English Tense Worksheet. Students and teachers of Class 9 English can get free printable Worksheets for Class 9 English in PDF format prepared as per the latest syllabus and examination pattern in your schools. Standard 9 students should practice questions and answers given here for English in Grade 9 which will help them to improve your knowledge of all important chapters and its topics. Students should also download free pdf of Class 9 English Worksheets prepared by school teachers as per the latest NCERT, CBSE, KVS books and syllabus issued this academic year and solve important problems provided here with solutions on daily basis to get more score in school exams and tests
Direction : ( 1 to 15 ) Fill in the blanks with the correct forms of the verbs given in the bracket.
- Have you ever ………………such a beautiful scene? (See)
- The moon has not yet …………. . (Appear)
- I ……………….English for ten years. (Teach)
- What ………….your father feel about Resonance? (Do)
- All work and no play …………..jack a dull boy. (Make)
- He scratched his head and …………… for a moment. (Think)
- 7. When I reached the temple, a group of people .......devotional songs. (Recite)
- What ………..you ……….here from the time I went to college? (Do)
- By this time tomorrow, I ………….home. (Reach)
- The student ………..answers to all my question. (Give)
- ………….the student …………….yesterday? (Study)
- After school, we …and ...our parents about our English teacher. (Go, Tell)
- The new railway bridge……two weeks ago. (Complete)
- They …….the work when the teacher entered the class. (Finish)
- I was teaching English when she ……the classroom. (Enter)
B . Choose the correct verb from those given in brackets.
- you (bought, had bought)a new scooter last week,
- She (has been, is) ill (since, for)a week.
- We (finished, have finished) our lunch half an hour ago.
- 4. He jumped off the train while it (ran, was running, had been running) .
- The train (has left, will have left) before we reach the station.
C. Correct the following sentences.
- He retired to bed before we reached there.
- I am having a car.
- He left for America next week.
- She is reading since morning.
- I am going to office every day by bus.
D. The following passage has not been edited. There is one error in each of the lines. Write the incorrect word and the correction against the correct blank number.
When Ashok enter the cinema hall, the
(a)Film start. It was very dark inside
(b)There is nobody to show him the way.
(c)He count the rows and moved into the
(d)Fifth row since his ticket has C-12
(e)Write on it. As it was dark inside
(f)He moved through the row and sit On a chair. But to his horror there
(g)Was somebody already sat on that chair.
- have been teaching
- were reciting teaching
- did : do
- I shall have reached
- did : study
- 12.went :told
- was completed
- had finished
- has been, for
- was running
- will have left
- He had retired
- I have a car.
- He will leave for American next week.
- She has been reading since morning.
- I go to office every day by bus.
D. Incorrect Correction
When Vijay enter the cinema hall, the (a) enter entered
Film start. It was very dark inside. (b) Start started
These is nobody to show him the way. (c) Is was
He count the rows and moved into the (d) count counted
Fifth row since his ticket has. C-12 (e) has had
Write on it. As it was dark inside (f) write written
He moved through the row and sit. (g) Sit sat
On a chair. But to his horror there
Was somebody already sat on (h) sat sitting