CBSE Class 9 English - Writing
Worksheets have become an integral part of the education system. Worksheets are very critical for every student to practice his/ her concepts. Students, teachers and parents can download all CBSE educational material and extremely well prepared worksheets from this website. All revision worksheets, Sample papers, Question banks and easy to learn study notes for all classes and subjects have been prepared based on the latest guidelines sent by CBSE. All CBSE educational material is developed by our panel of teachers, have also been submitted by thousands of teachers and students. The study material has been carefully compiled by the best teachers in India. Worksheets have been submitted by teachers of various CBSE schools and also have been carefully developed keeping into consideration the latest CBSE syllabus.
CLASS IX ENGLISH - WORKSHEET – SA2
(SECTION –B- WRITING)
1. Given below is a profile of Mr. Raj, the school gardener. Write a short bio-sketch of Mr.Raj. You may take the help of the clues given below.
• age- around 50 years
• height/weight-six feet, solid built
• family- large- six children, four boys, two girls.
• education- high school.
• his likes/dislikes-plant, nursery, manure, organic.
why he is popular/ unpopular- believes children are like young saplings.....
2. Given below is a profile of Aurobindo Ghosh- a great Indian Nationalist and visionary. Write a short biosketch of his. You may take the help of the clues given below:-
Birth- 15 August, 1872, Calcutta
Father- Krishnadhan Ghosh
Languages learnt- Latin, Greek, Sanskrit, French, Spanish, Italian
1893-Returned to India, joined Baroda State Services
1905- Bengal partition compelled, quitted Baroda post, joined leadership of
Nationalist party in Bengal
1908- Booked in Alipore Bomb case conspiracy
Philosophy- Integral education aims at divine life on earth.
Death- 5 December, 1950
3. You are Mohan. You couldn’t come to school for five days. The teacher asks you the reason for your absence. Write a dialogue between you and your teacher about it using your own ideas and the hints given below.
Father admitted in a hospital- no one at home except mother and self-had to be with him, with neighbours took him to hospital- admitted- condition serious, but under control-couldn’t send in application for leave.
4. Your father bought you a bag on your last birthday. It is quite spacious and convenient to carry. Write a description of the bag in about 100 words.
Please click the below link to access CBSE Class 9 English - Writing
Click for more English Study Material ›