DEVELOPING PSYCHOLOGICAL SKILLS
1. ____________ is defined as the proficiency, facility developed through ___________ and experience.
2. The basic skills required to become an effective psychologist fall into three broad sections:- _______, ________, _______
3. State any 4 points that should be taken into consideration for observation.
4. Mention the relevant specific skills and competencies used by an effective psychologist.
5. Differentiate between interpersonal and intrapersonal communication.
6. The various characteristics of communication are:
(a) _________ (b) ____________ (c) _________ (d) ___________
7. _____________ Communication is characterized by a speaker sending a message to the audience.
8. Communication is process in which feelings and ideas are expression as ___________ and __________ messages that are __________ received and ___________.
9. How is hearing different from listening? Give example.
10. ________________ attention makes it difficult for you to receive signals and messages.
11. ____________ is the summary of ideas just received and provides with a restaurant of what is understood by the psychologist.
12. We develop ________________ for interpreting the messages we receive.
13. ________________ is composed of all those messages that people exchange besides words.
14. The consistency between current and past patterns of behaviour is called________________.
15. While using psychological test an attitude of _____________, _____________ and______________ should be kept in mind.
16. An ________________ is a purposeful conversation between two or more people that follows a basic question answer format.
17. What is the basic format of an interview?
18. “I work so hard but I am unable its get success” is a ________________ question
19. Counselling is ________________. It takes place when a ________________ approaches ________________.
20. Name the four qualities associated with effective counselors.
Very Short Answer Questions
1. Define the term skill?
2. What are the skills recommended by APA for Professional psychologist?
3. What is Paraphrasing?
4. Define body language?
5. What is communication?
Short Answer Questions
6. What is observation and How is its importance for a counselor?
7. Differentiate the two types of observation?
8. How can you differentiate listening from hearing?
9. What are the advantages and disadvantages of observation method?
10. Explain the process of communication?
Short Answer – II and Long Essay Questions
11. Explain Psychological assessment as an important skill for a counselor?
12. How will you differentiate a pseudo psychologist from a real psychologist?
13. What are the observational skills essential for the professional psychologist?
14. Define communication and mention its main characteristics?
15. Discuss Listening as an effective component of the communication?
16. What are the various ways to improve Listening skills?
17. Discuss the features of an effective speaking?
18. Define the process of questioning in interview?
19. What are the types of interview questions and give examples of each?
20. What is the typical format of the counseling interview?
Please click on below link to download CBSE Class 12 Psychology Developing Psychology Skills Worksheet Set A