Read and download free pdf of CBSE Class 8 English Writing Skills Notice Writing. Students and teachers of Class 8 English can get free advanced study material, revision notes, sure shot questions and answers for Class 8 English prepared as per the latest syllabus and examination guidelines in your school. Standard 8 students should download this study material which will give them more knowledge for all chapters in English and all important topics which are scoring and can get you more marks. Students should also download free pdf of Chapter wise Notes for Class 8 English prepared by school teachers as per the latest NCERT, CBSE, KVS books and syllabus issued this year and also download free worksheets and question papers available here to get higher scores in school exams and tests, also click here for more Study Material for Class 8 English
A notice should be brief, clear and precise in instructions. It should be written in an easy to understand language .A notice should include the following information:
- Whom the notice is for
- The reason for the notice
- Details of the event like date, location, time
- Contact details for more information
Name of the Institution
Date of issue The word “NOTICE”
Proper heading /title
The content should answer all questions like
-from whom ?
-Accurate expression ?
Draft Notices for the School Notice Board on the following topics according to the given format:
1. You are Rooma/Rajesh, a member of Cultural Club of V.M.J. Public School, Hyderabad. You have been asked to inform students of class VI to VIII about a school level audition for an Inter School Turncoat Debate Competition to be held at Ramanand Hall. Draft a notice in not more than 50 words for the students’ notice board with all necessary details. Put the notice in a box.
2. You are Sharma, the Cultural Secretary of St. John’s School, Mumbai. You have been asked to inform students of class VIII about an Inter School Dance Competition. Draft a notice in not more than 50 words for the students’ Notice board with all necessary details.
3. Your school is planning to organize a ‘School Sprucing Up’ day where all students would be taking up jobs related to cleaning up the school premises. This is being organized to create a feeling of belongingness as well as appreciating dignity of labour. Write a notice informing students about this activity. You are Rashmi/Rohit Arora ,the Secretary of the Social Work committee in your school. Write the notice in about 50 words.
4. An NGO by the name SEWA plans to hold classes for children living in hutments outside the city. They need student volunteers for this project. Your Principal has asked you to put up a notice inviting students to join the initiative. Write the notice in not more than 50 words.
5. Your school is organizing a trek to the famous Valley of Flowers in the Himalayas. You are Aryan/Ananya Kumar, the Secretary of the Outstation trip committee you have been asked to put up a notice informing students of classes 7-9 about the trek details in not more than 50 words.
6. You are Arvind/Anushka, Member of the Eco Club of Modern School, Bikaner, which is celebrating a weeklong festival ‘Ban the Plastic ’ to create awareness regarding harms of plastic. Draft a suitable notice in not more than 50 words.