Newspaper Report Writing
Report for Newspaper:
A report is a brief account of an event that has already taken place. A report helps in recording events of importance that occurs in our day to day life. A report attempts to present the first hand information of an incident or event. A report of an event presents a record of events that took place. A report on an event includes one’s ideas, opinions and impressions on the event.
POINTS TO REMEMBER
- Mention the place, date, time and other relevant facts about the event.
- Include information collected from people around or affected by the event.
- Write the name of the reporter.
- Provide a suitable title/heading.
- Write in past tense.
- Write in reported speech and use passive form of expression.
- Develop ideas (causes, reasons, consequences, opinions) logically.
- Write in a less formal and more descriptive manner while writing a report for a school magazine.
- Present your ideas and impressions to make the report interesting.
- You are Ankit Sharma staff reporter of Hindustan Times. You were asked to cover a train accident. Mentioning all relevant details write a report. (100-120 words)
- You are PriyaKapoor, the staff reporter of The Times of India. Write a report for your newspaper on a Road Safety Week organized in Delhi recently. (100-120 words)
- There was a rally organized by a youth organization against rampant corruption in the society. As Jay/Jaya Kumar, reporter of “The Hindustan Times” write a report.(100-120 words)
4. Write a report on a bank robbery in the city. You are Kartik/KeyaGupta,a reporter of The Times of India. (100-120 words)