CBSE Class 7 Science Winds Storms and Cyclones MCQs Set B. Multiple choice questions have become an integral part of the CBSE examination system. Almost all exams have a section for MCQs. Students are advised to refer to the attached MCQ database and practise them regularly. This will help them to identify their weak areas and will help them to score better in examination. Parents should download and give the MCQs to their children for practice.
1. Choose the correct statement
(a) The moving air is called wind
(b) Uneven heating on the earth is the main cause of wind movements.
(c) Air exerts pressure
(d) All are correct
2. Air flows from a region of
(a) Low pressure to high pressure (b) High pressure to low pressure
(c) Depends on the season (d) None of these
3. A can filled with hot water gets distorted when cold water is poured over it. This happens because
(a) the pressure of air inside the can decreases than the pressure outside
(b) the pressure of air inside the can increases than the pressure outside
(c) the pressure of air inside the can becomes equal to the pressure outside
(d) it is natural tendency of can to get distorted.
4. Choose the correct alternative
(a) High speed winds are accompanied by increased air pressure
(b) In summers, wind flow from land to oceans
(c) In summers, wind flow from oceans to land
(d) None of these
5. The centre of cyclone is called
(a) Centre (b) Middle (c) Eye (d) Neck
6. The development of cyclones depends on
(a) Wind speed (b) Temperature (c) Humidity (d) All of the above
7. The speed of wind is measured by
(a) Ammeter (b) Anemometer (c) Nanometer (d) Windmeter
8. Which of the following is correct about thunderstorms?
i) Thunderstorms develop in hot, humid tropical areas.
ii) Thunderstorms carry lightning and sound.
(a) Both (i) is correct (b) Only (ii) is correct
(c) Both (i) and (ii) are correct (d) Both are wrong
9. Which of the following is correct about cyclone?
i) A cyclone is created by a very high pressure system.
ii) A cyclone is created by a very low pressure system
iii) The eye of a cyclone is a calm area. Out of these
(a) Only (i) is correct (b) Only (ii) is correct
(c) Both (ii) and (iii) are correct (d) Both (i) and (iii) are correct
10. Which one of the following place is unlikely to be affected by a cyclone.
(a) Chennai (b) Mangalore (c) Amritsar (d) Puri
1. Explain an activity which shows air exerts pressure.
2. Explain an activity which shows high speed winds are accompanied by reduced air pressure.
3. Define thunderstorms. Explain how it develops.
4. Explain an activity which shows air expands on heating.
5. Explain how uneven heating of land and water results in the generation of wind currents.
6. Explain the formation of cyclones.
7. Explain the construction and working of an anemometer with a diagram.
8. List few destructions caused by cyclones.
9. Explain how uneven heating between the equator and the poles results in the generation of wind currents.
10. List some of the precautions that should be taken in a cyclone hit area?