CBSE Class 6 Science Sorting Materials into Groups MCQs Set A. Revision worksheets, Sample papers, Question banks and easy to learn study notes for all classes and subjects based on CBSE and NCERT guidelines. Students and parents can download free a collection of all study material issued by various best schools in India. The study material has been carefully compiled by the best teachers in India. The students should practice the questions database to get better marks in examination. Please refer to other links for free download of high quality study material. Based on CBSE and NCERT guidelines. Based on the same pattern as released by CBSE every year. Study material for final/ term/ SA1/ SA2 Examinations conducted by various schools affiliated to Central Board of Secondary Education (CBSE) in India and abroad. CBSE Study material has been compiled to help students preparation which will helps the students to concentrate more in areas which carry more marks.
5 Sorting Materials into Groups
1. Materials that cannot be compressed easily are called __________materials.
2. Chocolates, biscuits and other items are displayed in a shop in see‐through containers that are made of glass or plastic. This explains the property of ____ of glass and plastic.
3. An oiled paper acts as a ____ material.
4. Which of the following is transparent?
5. You have made four cups of instant coffee. One has one teaspoon of coffee, the second has two, the third has three, and last four teaspoons of coffee. Which is the most saturated?
a. The first cup with one teaspoon of coffee.
b. The second cup with two teaspoons of coffee.
c. The third cup with three teaspoons of coffee.
d. The fourth cup with four teaspoons of coffee.
6. Take two samples, one of oil and the other of water. Mix the two. You observe that
a. They are soluble
b. Oil floats on water
c. Water floats on oil
d. None of the above
7. Take a glass of water. Add two spoons of sugar. Stir it. You observe that
a. Sugar does not dissolve in water
b. Sugar dissolves in water
c. Sugar floats on water
d. Sugar sinks and stays below.
8. Water plays an important role in the functioning of our body because it ______
a. Dissolves a large number of substances
b. Is hard
c. Is transparent
d. None of the above.
9. We group things together because_________
a. Dividing materials in groups makes it convenient to study their properties and observe patterns in these properties.
b. We can throw away similar materials
c. We can keep similar materials in our rack at one place
d. We can keep similar materials on the palm
10. The materials, through which objects can be seen, but not clearly, are known as _____.