CBSE Class 6 Science Sorting Materials into Groups MCQs Set A with answers available in Pdf for free download. The MCQ Questions for Class 6 Science with answers have been prepared as per the latest 2021 syllabus, NCERT books and examination pattern suggested in Standard 6 by CBSE, NCERT and KVS. Multiple Choice Questions for important part of exams for Grade 6 Science and if practiced properly can help you to get higher marks. Refer to more Chapter wise MCQs for NCERT Class 6 Science and also download more latest study material for all subjects
5 Sorting Materials into Groups
1. Materials that cannot be compressed easily are called __________materials.
2. Chocolates, biscuits and other items are displayed in a shop in see‐through containers that are made of glass or plastic. This explains the property of ____ of glass and plastic.
3. An oiled paper acts as a ____ material.
4. Which of the following is transparent?
5. You have made four cups of instant coffee. One has one teaspoon of coffee, the second has two, the third has three, and last four teaspoons of coffee. Which is the most saturated?
a. The first cup with one teaspoon of coffee.
b. The second cup with two teaspoons of coffee.
c. The third cup with three teaspoons of coffee.
d. The fourth cup with four teaspoons of coffee.
6. Take two samples, one of oil and the other of water. Mix the two. You observe that
a. They are soluble
b. Oil floats on water
c. Water floats on oil
d. None of the above
7. Take a glass of water. Add two spoons of sugar. Stir it. You observe that
a. Sugar does not dissolve in water
b. Sugar dissolves in water
c. Sugar floats on water
d. Sugar sinks and stays below.
8. Water plays an important role in the functioning of our body because it ______
a. Dissolves a large number of substances
b. Is hard
c. Is transparent
d. None of the above.
9. We group things together because_________
a. Dividing materials in groups makes it convenient to study their properties and observe patterns in these properties.
b. We can throw away similar materials
c. We can keep similar materials in our rack at one place
d. We can keep similar materials on the palm
10. The materials, through which objects can be seen, but not clearly, are known as _____.