CBSE Class 6 Science Fun with Magnets MCQs Set A. Revision worksheets, Sample papers, Question banks and easy to learn study notes for all classes and subjects based on CBSE and NCERT guidelines. Students and parents can download free a collection of all study material issued by various best schools in India. The study material has been carefully compiled by the best teachers in India. The students should practice the questions database to get better marks in examination. Please refer to other links for free download of high quality study material. Based on CBSE and NCERT guidelines. Based on the same pattern as released by CBSE every year. Study material for final/ term/ SA1/ SA2 Examinations conducted by various schools affiliated to Central Board of Secondary Education (CBSE) in India and abroad. CBSE Study material has been compiled to help students preparation which will helps the students to concentrate more in areas which carry more marks.
13 Fun with Magnets
1. A substance which retains its magnetic properties for a long period is called a ____
a. magnetic substance
b. non‐magnetic substance
c. temporary magnet
d. permanent magnet
2. The north pole of the earth's magnet is near the geographical ____.
3. In ancient times rocks containing magnets are called_________
4. A paper clip hanging in air; the possible reason could be:
a. Black magic
b. There is a magnet in the paper cup
c. There is water in the cup
d. The water in the cup is hot
5. The substances that get attracted towards a magnet are called_______
b. Non magnetic
6. Maximum iron filings stick in the _____of a bar magnet when it is brought near them.
c. Neither end nor middle
d. All around equally
7. The statue of a lady on the chariot of the emperor Hoang Ti, rests in such a position that its extended arm always point towards ____ direction
8. Like poles _________
9. A magnet does not lose its property if it is __________.
c. Dropped from a height
d. Wetted with water
10. A magnet was brought from different directions towards a toy boat that has been floating in water in a tub. Boat moves towards the magnet if North Pole of the magnet is brought near its head.
a. Boat is fitted with a magnet with north pole towards its head
b. Boat is fitted with a magnet with south pole towards its head
c. Boat has a small magnet fixed along its length
d. Boat is made up non‐magnetic material
11. A rectangular piece of iron can be magnetized by rubbing it with
a. A magnet from one end to the other end several times using both the poles alternatively.
b. A magnet from one end to the other end several times using same pole of the magnet.
c. Another piece of iron several times
d. The back of the pencil several times