CBSE Class 6 Science The Living Organisms and Their Surroundings MCQs Set A. Revision worksheets, Sample papers, Question banks and easy to learn study notes for all classes and subjects based on CBSE and NCERT guidelines. Students and parents can download free a collection of all study material issued by various best schools in India. The study material has been carefully compiled by the best teachers in India. The students should practice the questions database to get better marks in examination. Please refer to other links for free download of high quality study material. Based on CBSE and NCERT guidelines. Based on the same pattern as released by CBSE every year. Study material for final/ term/ SA1/ SA2 Examinations conducted by various schools affiliated to Central Board of Secondary Education (CBSE) in India and abroad. CBSE Study material has been compiled to help students preparation which will helps the students to concentrate more in areas which carry more marks.
7 .The Living Organisms and Their Surroundings
1. The presence of specific features or certain habits, which enable a plant or an animal to live in its surroundings, is called____________
2. In the sea plants and animals are surrounded by:
a. Sweet water
b. Saline water
c. Hot water
d. Cold water
3. Camels have long legs which help to :
a. Run long distances
b. Keep their body away from the heat of the desert
c. Carry a lot of luggage
d. Be able to run in the sand
4. Fishes have scales on their body. This helps them to _________
a. Remain in the same place in water.
b. Balance themselves in water
c. Change directions in water
d. Swim in water.
5. The surroundings where organisms live is called;
d. Abiotic environment
6. The habitat of plants and animals that live in water is called
7. The mountain goat has strong hooves:
a. For attacking other animals
b. For protecting it from cold
c. For running up the rocky slopes
d. For scratching its back
8. Lions have eyes in front because
a. It can see the colour of t he object correctly
b. It should look in front only
c. It can locate its prey exactly
d. It knows the presence of its prey.
9. Suppose you accidently sit on a drawing pin. You would jump up quickly. The pricking of the pin is called the ____.
b. paining reaction
c. quick reaction
10. Living beings are characterized by all except ____.
d. getting crystallized
11. Which of the following metabolic activity is responsible for replacing and repairing tissues?
b. Cell division