CBSE Class 6 Science Motion and Measurement of Distances MCQs Set A. Revision worksheets, Sample papers, Question banks and easy to learn study notes for all classes and subjects based on CBSE and NCERT guidelines. Students and parents can download free a collection of all study material issued by various best schools in India. The study material has been carefully compiled by the best teachers in India. The students should practice the questions database to get better marks in examination. Please refer to other links for free download of high quality study material. Based on CBSE and NCERT guidelines. Based on the same pattern as released by CBSE every year. Study material for final/ term/ SA1/ SA2 Examinations conducted by various schools affiliated to Central Board of Secondary Education (CBSE) in India and abroad. CBSE Study material has been compiled to help students preparation which will helps the students to concentrate more in areas which carry more marks.
10 . Motion and Measurement of Distances
1. Which of the following is not a unit of distance:
2. Which of the following does not involve combination of motion:
d. Rolling ball
3. A girl uses a worn out ruler to measure the length of a table in her room. She placed the ruler such that the mark 3.0 cm coincides with one end and the other end coincides with the mark 33.5 cm. The length of the table is ____ cm.
4. Which of the following is a standard unit of measurement
d. Arm length
5. Which of the following is correct:
c. 100cm= 1m
d. 100m= 1km
6.The correct length is:
A method for measuring circumference of a cylindera.:
a. Wind a strip of paper closely round the object once and prick the overlapping position with a pin (Shown in figure above).Unwind the paper strip and measure the distance between the two pinholes. This measure is the measure of the circumference.
b. Mark a point on the cylinder. The mark coincides with the zero of the scale. Now role the cylinder along the scale till the point reappears.
c. Put bands of different sizes on the cylinder. The band that just fits the cylinder is used to find the circumference.
d. There is no accurate method for measuring the circumference of the cylinder
A simple method for measuring diameter of a sphere
a. Place the sphere between two note books. Keep the scale across and read the distance between the two books on the ruler accurately.
b. Place the sphere between two blocks in contact with a ruler as shown in figure above. Read the distance between the two blocks on the ruler accurately.
c. Take a string and wind it closely around the sphere. Then measure the length of the string.
d. We cannot measure the diameter of the sphere.
9. While measuring the length of a kerchief, the reading of the scale at one end is 2.0 cm and at the other end is 33.1 cm. What is the length of the kerchief?
10. The height of a person is 1.65 m. express the height in cm
a. 165 cm