CBSE Class 6 Science Light Shadows and Reflections MCQs Set C with answers available in Pdf for free download. The MCQ Questions for Class 6 Science with answers have been prepared as per the latest 2021 syllabus, NCERT books and examination pattern suggested in Standard 6 by CBSE, NCERT and KVS. Multiple Choice Questions for important part of exams for Grade 6 Science and if practiced properly can help you to get higher marks. Refer to more Chapter wise MCQs for NCERT Class 6 Science and also download more latest study material for all subjects
11 Light, Shadows and Reflections
1. When the moon comes in between the sun and the earth in a straight line, then a solar eclipse is formed. This formation of a solar eclipse is based on the concept of the ____.
a. formation of a shadow of the earth on the moon
b. formation of a shadow of the moon on the earth
c. reflection of light by the earth
d. reflection of light by the moon
2. Objects which emit light of their own are called ____.
a. luminous objects
b. non‐luminous objects
c. opaque objects
d. transparent object
3. An inverted image is the characteristic of a ____.
b. pin hole camera
c. reflected image
d. laterally inverted image
4. Where is a shadow formed?
a. In front of the object
b. On the ground either in front or behind the object
c. On a screen behind the object
d. Anywhere and every where
5. The shadow of a cylinder is a rectangle when light falls in one direction, and a _____ when light falls in the other direction.
d. None of the above
6. Shadows are formed because ___.
a. Light has lot of energy
b. Light is attracted to a magnet
c. Light travels in a straight line
d. Light cannot travel
7. Sharp Shadow is formed by
a. Opaque object
b. Translucent objects
c. Transparent objects
d. Any object
8. In a completely dark room, if you hold up a mirror in front of you, will you see
a. Your shadow
b. A sharp shadow
c. Your image
d. No image
9. Air, water, a sheet of polythene are
10. The flame of a gas burner, firefly are
11. Which of the following object is not luminous?
a. Fluorescent tube when switched on
b. Flame of gas burner
c. Fire fly