CBSE Class 6 Science Light Shadows and Reflections MCQs Set C. Revision worksheets, Sample papers, Question banks and easy to learn study notes for all classes and subjects based on CBSE and NCERT guidelines. Students and parents can download free a collection of all study material issued by various best schools in India. The study material has been carefully compiled by the best teachers in India. The students should practice the questions database to get better marks in examination. Please refer to other links for free download of high quality study material. Based on CBSE and NCERT guidelines. Based on the same pattern as released by CBSE every year. Study material for final/ term/ SA1/ SA2 Examinations conducted by various schools affiliated to Central Board of Secondary Education (CBSE) in India and abroad. CBSE Study material has been compiled to help students preparation which will helps the students to concentrate more in areas which carry more marks.
11 Light, Shadows and Reflections
1. When the moon comes in between the sun and the earth in a straight line, then a solar eclipse is formed. This formation of a solar eclipse is based on the concept of the ____.
a. formation of a shadow of the earth on the moon
b. formation of a shadow of the moon on the earth
c. reflection of light by the earth
d. reflection of light by the moon
2. Objects which emit light of their own are called ____.
a. luminous objects
b. non‐luminous objects
c. opaque objects
d. transparent object
3. An inverted image is the characteristic of a ____.
b. pin hole camera
c. reflected image
d. laterally inverted image
4. Where is a shadow formed?
a. In front of the object
b. On the ground either in front or behind the object
c. On a screen behind the object
d. Anywhere and every where
5. The shadow of a cylinder is a rectangle when light falls in one direction, and a _____ when light falls in the other direction.
d. None of the above
6. Shadows are formed because ___.
a. Light has lot of energy
b. Light is attracted to a magnet
c. Light travels in a straight line
d. Light cannot travel
7. Sharp Shadow is formed by
a. Opaque object
b. Translucent objects
c. Transparent objects
d. Any object
8. In a completely dark room, if you hold up a mirror in front of you, will you see
a. Your shadow
b. A sharp shadow
c. Your image
d. No image
9. Air, water, a sheet of polythene are
10. The flame of a gas burner, firefly are
11. Which of the following object is not luminous?
a. Fluorescent tube when switched on
b. Flame of gas burner
c. Fire fly