CBSE Class 6 Science Getting to know plants MCQs Set B.CBSE and NCERT guidelines. Students and parents can download free a collection of all study material issued by various best schools in India. The study material has been carefully compiled by the best teachers in India. The students should practice the questions database to get better marks in examination. Please refer to other links for free download of high quality study material. Based on CBSE and NCERT guidelines. Based on the same pattern as released by CBSE every year. Study material for final/ term/ SA1/ SA2 Examinations conducted by various schools affiliated to Central Board of Secondary Education (CBSE) in India and abroad. CBSE Study material has been compiled to help students preparation which will helps the students to concentrate more in areas which carry more marks.
L1: Getting to know plants
1) The plants which have branches at the base are -----
a) Herbs b) Shrubs c) Creepers d) Trees
2) Which plant is the example of a herb?
a) Mango b) China rose c) Wheat d) None
3) A plant with weak stem is ----
a) Mint b) Sunflower c) Lemon d) China rose
4) The plant which takes the support of the neighbouring structures and climbs up is ----?
a) Tree b) Shrub c) Creeper d) Climber
5) The part of plant which grows above the ground is ----?
a) Shoot system b) Root system c) both a & b d) None
6) The part of the stem in between two successive nodes is ----?
a) Pistil b) Root c) Node d) Internode
7) The root, stem leaves constitute the --- part of the plant body?
a) Vegetative b) Reproductive c) Both a & b d) None
8) Flowers, Fruits & Seeds constitute the ---- part of the plant body?
a) Vegetative b) Reproductive c )Both a & b d)None
9) The part of the plant which prevents soil erosion is?
a) Stem b) Flower c) Root d) Leaves
10) Banana has ------- roots.
a) Tap b) Lateral c) Fibrous d) None
11) Which of the following has tap root?
a) Wheat b) Mango c)Tulsi d) Both a & b
12) Shoot system develops from ----- of the baby plant or embryo?
a) Cotyledons b) Roots c) Callus d) plumule
13) Example of an incomplete flower is ----?
a) Pea b) China rose c) Date palm d)Mustard
14) When a flower has all the sets of whorls it is described as ------ flower.
a) Complete b) Incomplete c) Zygomorphic d) Actinomorphic
15) ------- bud helps in length wise growth of the plant.
a) Apical b) Axillary c) Both a & b d) None
16) Branches grow from - - - - - - - - -
a) Roots b) Apical Buds c) Axillary Buds d) Stem
17) The ----------------- is the strongest part in a tree.
a) Stem b) Root c) Trunk d) None
18) Which of the following is a stem?
a) Turnip b) Onion c) Radish d) Carrot
19) The region of attachment of the leaf with the stem is called the ----------------
a) Petiole b) Lamina c) Leaf margin d) Leaf Base
20) --------------- is a flowering plant with no leaves
a) Cuscuta b) Coleus c) Pistia d) Pea
21) Stomata help in -----------------
a) Respiration b) Photo Synthesis c) Transpiration d) All of the above
22) A plant with variegated leaves is --------------------
a) Pea b) Balsam c) Coleus d) Cuscuta
23) The food prepared by leaves is stored as -------------------
a) Starch b) Sugars c) Proteins d) Fats
24) The other name for ovary is--------.
a) Stamen b) Pistil c) Carpel d)Stigma
25) Pollen grains are produced in ------?
a) Flower b) Ovaries c) Anthers d) Fruits
ANSWER KEY FOR GETTING TO KNOW PLANTS
1)b 2)c 3)a 4)d 5 )d 6)a 7)b 8)c 9)c 10)d 11)d 12)c 13)a 14)a 15)a 16)c 17)c 18)b 19)d 20)a 21)d 22)c 23)a 24)c 25)c