CBSE Class 6 Science Body Movements MCQs Set C. Revision worksheets, Sample papers, Question banks and easy to learn study notes for all classes and subjects based on CBSE and NCERT guidelines. Students and parents can download free a collection of all study material issued by various best schools in India. The study material has been carefully compiled by the best teachers in India. The students should practice the questions database to get better marks in examination. Please refer to other links for free download of high quality study material. Based on CBSE and NCERT guidelines. Based on the same pattern as released by CBSE every year. Study material for final/ term/ SA1/ SA2 Examinations conducted by various schools affiliated to Central Board of Secondary Education (CBSE) in India and abroad. CBSE Study material has been compiled to help students preparation which will helps the students to concentrate more in areas which carry more marks.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The bones are held together at the joint by tough structures called –
a) Tendons b) ligaments c) nerves d) muscles
2. At birth our body is made up of ----------- bones.
a) 206 b) 305 c) 200 d) 300
3. A Skeletal System consists of ------------------
a) Bones and muscles b)muscles and nerves c)bones and nerves d) Bones and cartilages
4. There are ---------------joints in our body.
a) 40 b) 35 c) 22 d) 25
5. Muscles are attached to the bones by -----------------
a) nerves b) joints c) tendons d) cartilages
6. There are more than ---------------- muscles in our body.
a) 350 b) 300 c) 360 d) 325
7. The number of bones in an adult skeleton are -----------
a) 200 b) 225 c) 300 d) 206
8. The number of bones in the neck of a giraffe is -----------
a) 70 b) 50 c) 7 d) 10
9. The aquatic animal whose skeleton is made entirely by cartilages is the -------------
a) whale b) dolphin c) shark d) seahorse
10. The streamlined body is found in a ----------
a) snail b) earthworm c) fish d) jellyfish
11. A cockroach has -------------- pair of legs.
a) Two b) three c) four d) one
12. Which of the following animal has its body covered by a hard shell?
a) Snake b) earthworm c) fish d) snail
13. Fish moves with the help of its ------------------
a) Flagella b) fins c) hindlimbs d) circular and longitudinal muscles
14. Which of the following is made up of the vertebrae ?
a) Cartilage b) backbone c) skull d) rib cage
15. The joint which allows the maximum movement is the -----------
a) Slightly moveable joint b)ball and socket joint c)hinge joint d)pivot joint
16. This joint helps the bowler in the game of cricket ---------
a) Hinge joint b) pivot joint c) ball and socket joint d) slightly movable joint
17. Synovial fluid is found in the ---------------
a) Muscles b) freely movable joints c) slightly movable joints d) immovable joints
18.Dhoni tried to bend his elbow backward like how he could with his shoulder . He found he could not . This is because the elbow joint is made up of –
a) pivot joint b) hinge joint c) ball and socket joint d) fixed joint
19. Sachin has fractured one of his bones in his rib cage . Which of the organs could be affected in the accident?
a) kidneys b) lungs c) lungs and heart d) heart alone
20. The muscles that support the beating of the heart are the –
a) Voluntary muscles b) cardiac muscles c) involuntary muscles d) biceps and triceps
21. The joints between the gum and teeth are –
a) Fixed joints b) synovial joints c) cartilaginous joints d) perfect joints
22. An exoskeleton is found in animals like –
a) Cockroach b) fish c) earthworm d) snake
23. The bones of the skull are interlocked with each other by their senated margins called –
a) Synovial membrane b) cartilages c) sutures d) tendons
24. A fluid forming an incompressible skeleton is found in –
a) frog b)fish c) snail d) earthworm
25. ______________offers least resistance to forward movement through the water by a fish
a) Strong muscles b) tail and fins c) bones d) streamlined body shape.