CBSE Class 7 Science Sample Paper Set 5.Sample Papers are the very important for every student. The sample papers should be practiced to gain extra marks in examinations. The sample papers have been prepared based on summative assessment1 and summative assessment 2 pattern. The sample papers have been prepared based on pattern of last year examinations and as per latest changes in the syllabus. Students, teachers and parents can download all CBSE educational material and very well prepared worksheets from this website. All CBSE educational material is developed by our panel of teachers, have also been submitted by CBSE teachers and students.
SECTION – I
1. The plant tissue which transports the prepared food from leaves to other parts of the plant is
(a) Xylem (b) Phloem (c) Meristem (d) Both Xylem & Phloem
2. In earth worm the exchange of gases occur through
(a) Gills (b) Skin (c) Spiracles (d) Nostrils
3. The place where Urine is stored temporarily before it is excreted out
(a) Ureter (b) Kidney (c) Urethra (d) Urinary Bladder
4. When ever there is any injury the cells that help in clotting of blood
(a) Platelets (b) W.B.C (c) R.B.C (d) plasma
5. The process of seeping of water in to the ground is called
(a) Aquifer (b) Water Table (c) Water Cycle (d) In filtration
6. The basic unit of time is
(a) Hour (b) Second (c) Minute (d) All the above
8. The relation between electricity and magnetism was first studied by
(a) Hans Christian Oersted (b) Michael Faraday
(c) Newton (d) Benjamin Franklin
9. The mirror used in vehicles to view the traffic behind
(a) Convex Mirror (b) Plane Mirror (c) Concave Mirror (d) All the above
10. The microbes which converts the dead organisms to humus are called
(a) Auto trophs (b) Sapro trophs (c) Decomposers (d) Hetero Trophs
11. Solids like faeces which settle at the bottom of the tank during waste water
treatment is called
(a) Sewage (b) Sludge (c) Contaminant (d) Sewer
SECTION- II 10 X 1 = 10 M
1. What are unisexual flowers?
2. What name is given for respiration that occurs in the absence of Oxygen?
3. Define time period of a pendulum.
4. In the symbol of an electric cell what does the longer and shorter line represents?
5. What is water harvesting?
6 .Name two products that can be obtained from forest
7. Mention one use of Convex lens.
8 Name one chemical which is used to disinfect water.
9. What is pulse rate?
10. Mention the function of white blood cell.
SECTION- III 12 X 2 = 24 M
1.Complete the following table
TYPE OF THE SEED METHOD OF DISPERSAL
Drum Stick and Maple
Xanthium and Urena
Castor and Balsum
2. Why should Oils and Fats be not released into the drain?
3. A simple pendulum takes 46 seconds to complete 20 oscillations. Calculate the time period of the pendulum.
4. Mention two uses of electro magnets.
5. What is meant by heating effect of electric current? Name one appliance which works on this principle.
6. Differentiate between a real image and virtual image.
7. What is drip irrigation? Mention one advantage of this method over traditional method of irrigation.
8. What is transpiration? Mention one advantage of transpiration in plants?
9. What is inhalation and exhalation?
10. Distinguish between self and cross pollination..
11. Draw a neat labeled diagram of Pistil.
12. What is an electric fuse? What is its use in the house hold circuit?
SECTION – IV 5 x 3 = 15 M
1. Mention three causes which lead to depletion of water table.
2. Mention one difference between arteries, veins and capillaries.
3. Draw a labeled diagram to show that roots absorb water from the soil.
4. An electrician is performing some repairs in your house. He tries to replace a fuse by a piece of wire. Is it acceptable to you? Give reasons for your response.
5. A car covers first 200 Km in 4 hours and covers next 150 km in 180 minutes. What is the average speed of the car?
SECTION - V 4 x 5 = 20 M
1. How can you prepare a Newton’s disc? What conclusion can you draw when you rotate it fast?
2. Explain the following methods of reproduction with diagram.
(a) Budding (b) Fragmentation (c) Spore formation
Explain the human respiratory system with a labeled diagram.
3. Explain why there is no waste in a forest.
4. (a) Explain the relationship between sanitation and disease.
(b) Mention any three points which you can do as an active citizen in relation to sanitation
Describe the steps involved in getting purified water from waste water.
Please click the below link to access CBSE Class 7 Science Sample Paper Set 5.
Click for more Science Study Material ›