CBSE Class 7 Science Sample Paper Set 1.Sample Papers are the very important for every student. The sample papers should be practiced to gain extra marks in examinations. The sample papers have been prepared based on summative assessment1 and summative assessment 2 pattern. The sample papers have been prepared based on pattern of last year examinations and as per latest changes in the syllabus. Students, teachers and parents can download all CBSE educational material and very well prepared worksheets from this website. All CBSE educational material is developed by our panel of teachers, have also been submitted by CBSE teachers and students.
(Multiple choice questions i to xv carry 1 mark each)
1. Choose the correct answer.
i. The fluid part of the blood is called ____________.
a. RBC. b. WBC c. platelets. d. plasma.
ii. The major excretory product in humans is ____________.-------------
a. urea. b. uric acid. c. ammonia. d. None of these.
iii. During exhalation the ribs ____________.
a. move outwards. b. move downwards.
c. move upwards. d. do not move at all.
iv. A virtual image larger than the object can be produced by ____________.
a. concave lens. b. concave mirror.
c. convex mirror. d. plane mirror.
v. Micro-organisms act upon the dead plants to produce ____________.
a. sand. b. mushrooms. c. humus. d. wood.
vi. The blood from the heart is transported to all parts of the body by the____________.
a. arteries b. veins c. venules d. capillaries
vii. Spirogyra reproduces asexually by _________________.
a. fragmentation b. budding c. spore formarion d. none of these
viii. The transfer of pollen from the anther to the stigma of a flower is called ____________.
a. fertilisation b. Pollination c. zygote formation d. both a and b
ix. The distance moved by an object in unit time is called its
a. speed b. motion. c. distance d. none of these
x. The world water day is celebrated on ____________.
a. 22 March b. 5 June c. 26 August d. 28 February
xi. Yeast is used for the production of ___________
a. alcohol b. wine c. bakery products d. all the above
xii. Fish respire by ______________
a. Gills b. lungs c nostrils d. skin
xiii. Transportation of food in plants takes place through ___________
a. Xylem b. phloem c. stomata d. none of these
xiv. In addition to the rock particles, the soil contains ____________
a. air and water b. water and plants
c. minerals, organic matter, air and water. d. water, air and plants
xv. After fertilization ovary gets converted in to ____________
a. Seed b. stamen c. pistil d. fruit
SECTION - B
(Answer Questions 2 to 12 briefly and each carries 2 marks)
2. What is aerobic respiration?
3. Name the scientist who discovered the circulation of blood?
4. What makes the blood look red?
5. Explain how soil pollution can be prevented?
6. Distinguish between bisexual and unisexual flower?
7. What is the basic unit of time?
8. What are decomposers?
9. Name the two chemicals used to disinfect water?
10. Draw the diagrams of concave and convex lens?
11. Show the shape of the distance time graph for the motion of a car moving with a constant speed?
12. Which type of mirror can form a real image?
SECTION - C
(Answer Questions 13 to 23 and each carries 3 marks)
13. Describe the function of the heart
14. What is reproduction? Explain two types of reproduction?
15. Name the following -
a. A spore producing plant
b. An anaerobic organism
c. Muscular floor of chest cavity
16. Distinguish between uniform and non-uniform motion?
17. State the three characteristics of the image formed by a plane mirror?
18. What is infiltration?
19. Why do we get muscle cramps after heavy exercise?
20. A simple pendulum takes 32 s to complete 20 Oscillations. What is the time period of the pendulum?
21. Explain why we should plant eucalyptus trees all along sewage ponds?
22. Justify that water is most essential for the life of living organisms.
23. Draw the diagrams of reproductive parts of a flower.
SECTION - D
(Answer Questions 24 to 28 and each carries 4 marks)
24. Why do we sneeze when we inhale a lot of dust laden air?
25. Explain the soil profile?
26. What are the main components of blood?
27. Describe the various ways by which seeds are dispersed?
28. Draw the diagram of 'Human Excretory System' and label the various parts?
Please click the below link to access CBSE Class 7 Science Sample Paper Set 1.
Click for more Science Study Material ›