1. Name the paramilitary force of Hyderabad Nizam to counter communist forces during 1947.
2. Which one of the following statements about the Bandwagon Strategy is false?
A. advisable to extract benefits by operating within the hegemonic system
B. to take advantage of the opportunities that hegemony creates
C. staying as far removed from the dominant power as possible
D. for raising economic power work with hegemony
3. Why was BAMCEF established?
4. How did the Anti Arrack Movement lead to 73rd and 74th amendment of the Indian constitution?
5. Mention any two reforms initiated by Mikhail Gorbachev in the Soviet Union
6. Match the following Secretary Generals of UNO with their respective countries:
A. Trygve Lie i. Egypt
B. Boutros-Boutros Ghali ii. Ghana
C. Kofi Annan iii. Burma (Myanmar
D. U Thant iv. Norway
7. How is oil continued to be the most important resource in the global strategy? Explain with an example.
8. Why was Shah Commission appointed? Mention any one of its finding
9. State the outcomes of Punjab Accord.
10. How did the opposition parties of 1950s play a crucial role in making the democratic character of the system? Explain
11. How can peace and cooperation be enhanced in the SAARC region? Give any four reforms.
12. Mention the role of E V Ramaswamy Naicker in the Dravidian Movement
13. European Union has become a Supra-National organization. Explain.
14. Examine the key controversies over the strategy of economic development in the early years of independence.
15. Highlight the political and social aspects of the soviet system prior to 1991.
16. The question of indigenous people brings the issue of environment, resources and politics together’. Explain the statement.
17. Read the following passage and answer the following questions:
The process of nation-building did not come to an end with the partition and integration of princely states. Now the challenge was to draw the internal boundaries of the Indian states. The boundaries had to be drawn in a way so that the linguistic and cultural plurality of the country could be reflected without affecting the unity of the nation. a) Which commission was appointed to look into the question of redrawing of boundaries of the states on the lingual basis? 1
b) Why did the lingual issues become the basis of the formation of Andhra Pradesh?
c) How is democracy associated with plurality?
18. Read the following passage and answer the following questions:
The emergency and the period around it can be described as a period of the constitutional crisis because it had its origins in the constitutional battle over the jurisdiction of the parliament and the judiciary. On the other hand, it was also a period of political crisis. The party in power had absolute majority and yet, its leadership decided to suspend the democratic process.
a) Why is the period of emergency described as a period of political crisis?
b) What were the issues of dispute between judiciary and parliament during 1970’s?
c) How did the role of mass protest during emergency reflect the attributed aspiration of people?
19. Read the following passage and answer the following questions:
The Cuban missile crisis was a high point of what came to be known as the cold war. The cold war referred to the competition, the tensions and a series of confrontations between the United States and Soviet Union, backed by their respective allies. Fortunately, it never escalated into a hot war, that is a full scale war between these two powers.
a) Why was the Cuban missile crisis considered as a high point of cold war?
b) Mention any two contentious issues between USA and USSR.
c) Name any two military alliances formed by the USA during the cold war.
Please click the link below to download CBSE Class 12 Political Science Sample Paper Solved 2017
Click for more Political Science Study Material ›