CBSE Class 8 Science Worksheet - Sound Part C - Practice worksheets for CBSE students. Prepared by teachers of the best CBSE schools in India.
BAL BHARATI PUBLIC SCHOOL,G.R.H.MARG
GSc. Class - VIII
ASSIGNMENT No. 15
Q1. Fill in the blanks:
1. Sound is produced by ________________ bodies.
2. In humans, the sound is produced by the ____________.
3. Sound always travels through a ___________. It cannot travel in a ____________.
4. The thin membrane called _____________ present in our ears, senses the vibrations and sends them as signals to the _____________.
5. The no. of vibrations per second is called ______________. It is expressed in _____________.
6. Loudness of sound is proportional to the square of the ____________
7. Larger is the amplitude of vibration, the __________ is the sound.
8. Higher the frequency of vibration, the higher is the ____________.
9. A bird makes ____________ sound whereas a lion makes ___________ sound. (low pitched/high pitched)
10. For human ears, the range of audible frequency is from _____________Hz. to ______________ Hz.
Q2. Answer in one word:
1. Two important properties of any sound.
2. Time taken by a vibrating body to complete one vibration.
3. Vibrations of frequency higher than 20,000Hz.
4. Vibrations of frequency lower than 20 Hz.
5. The frequency of a vibrating body that makes 512 vibrations in a second.
6. Unwanted and unpleasant sounds.
7. It determines the shrillness or pitch of a sound.
8. Length of vocal chords in men.
9. Name any four causes of noise pollution our surroundings.
10. Name any two health related problems caused due to noise pollution.
Q3. Answer the following:
1. Describe how is sound produced by humans?
2. Explain how the human ear drum helps them to hear.
3. Define: a) Amplitude b) Time period c) Frequency
4. How is loudness of sound related to amplitude?
5. How is frequency of sound related to pitch?
6. What is noise pollution? How can it be controlled?
Students must free download and practice these worksheets to gain more marks in exams. CBSE Class 8 Science Worksheet - Sound Part C
Click for more Science Study Material ›