CBSE Class XII Biology HOTs Questions Database for chapter Ecosystem. Based on CBSE and CCE guidelines. The students should practice these HOTs Questions to gain perfection which will help him to get more marks in CBSE examination. Based on CBSE and CCE guidelines. Based on the same pattern as released by CBSE every year. CBSE releases HOTs Questions every year. These papers are released prior to the CBSE board examinations so that students can do practice. databse of 1 marks, 2 marks, 3 marks and 5 marks questions.
Chapter 14. ECOSYSTEM
1) How does the man made ecosystem differ from the natural ecosystem? 1
2) Detritus contribute to the biogeochemical cycles, how? 1
3) Can temperature regulate the rate of decomposition how? 1
4) The detritus food chain and grazing food chain differ. How? 1
1) "The Green Revolution has been achieved due to the use of improved crop varieties and agrochemicals, but it is still not enough to feed the growing population". Suggest a suitable method of agriculture to meet the demand. 1
2) A species of Solanum is intolerant to salty soil. How will you make the species tolerant to the given abiotic stress?. 1
3) Why do we use GM to create tailor made plants?. 1
1) Some cotton plants grown by farmers are known as 'Bt cotton'. 2
a) What does Bt stand for?.
b)What is the advantage of this cotton plant?
c)How did scientists achieve this?
2) The bacillus is not killed even after the application of insecticidal protein which is toxic. Comment. 2
3) Bt toxins are insect group specific. The toxin is coded by a gene named cry. How does the genes cry IAc differ from cry IAb?
4) Dr.Arun developed a vitamin A rich potato through his research on genetics.
a)What do you call such potato plants? 2
b)Who can approve the validity and safety of introducing potato for public uses.
Refer to the attached file for CBSE Class XII HOTs Biology - Ecosystem
Click for more Biology Study Material ›