Read and download PDF of CBSE Class 3 English Sample Paper Set P designed as per the latest curriculum and examination pattern for Class 3 issued by CBSE, NCERT and KVS. The latest Class 3 English Sample Papers have been provided with solutions so that the students can solve these practice papers and then compare their answers. This will help them to identify mistakes and improvement areas in English Standard 3 which they need to study more to get better marks in Grade 3 exams. After solving these guess papers also refer to solved Class 3 English Question Papers available on our website to build strong understanding of the subject
English Sample Paper Class 3
Students can refer to the below Class 3 English Sample Paper designed to help students understand the pattern of questions that will be asked in Grade 3 exams. Please download CBSE Class 3 English Sample Paper Set P
English Class 3 Sample Paper
CBSE Class 3 English Sample Paper Set P .Sample Papers are the very important for every student. The sample papers should be practiced to gain extra marks in examinations. The sample papers have been prepared based on summative assessment1 and summative assessment 2 pattern. The sample papers have been prepared based on pattern of last year examinations and as per latest changes in the syllabus. Students, teachers and parents can download all CBSE educational material and very well prepared worksheets from this website. All CBSE educational material is developed by our panel of teachers, have also been submitted by CBSE teachers and students.
SECTION – A (Reading)
A1. Read the passage and answer the following questions: (5 marks)
One night the mother tiger was tired and closed her eyes. The tiger cub saw a tiny frog, hopping along the ground. The tiger cub pounced, but the frog hopped away. He chased the frog and caught it, and turned to show his mother But she was not in sight. Instead he saw a tiger, bigger than his mother, near him in the jungle.
The tiger’s green eyes glistened as he watched the tiger cub. The tiger cub was frightened. He could not hide or run. He let the frog hop away. The tiger crept up closer to the little tiger cub. But a roar filled the jungle, the roar of the mother tiger! She faced the other tiger and he went away.
A1.1 Choose the correct answer and fill in the blanks (2)
1. The tiger is a ____________________________ animal.
a) pet b) wild c) domestic
2. The tiger cub saw a bigger __________________________.
a) tiger b) frog c) cat
3. The tiger cub let the ___________________________ hop away.
a) rabbit b)tiger c)frog
4. The mother tiger _______________________ when she saw the big tiger moving closer to the tiger cub.
a) smiled b) jumped c) roared
A1.2 Fill in the blanks (2)
1. The mother tiger and her cub lived in a __________________.
2. One night the tiger cub caught a ________________________.
3. The tiger’s green eyes ___________________ as he watched the tiger cub .
4. A word from the passage that means ‘very small’ is ___________________.
A1.3 Answer the following (1)
1. The tiger cub could not hide or run. Why?
A2. Read the poem and answer the following questions (5 marks)
The lion walks on padded paws,
The squirrel leaps from limb to limb,
While flies can crawl straight up a wall,
And seals can dive and swim.
The worm he wiggles all around,
The monkey swings by his tail,
And birds may hop upon the ground
Or spread their wings and sail.
But boys and girls
Have much more fun;
They leap and dance
. And walk and run.
A2.1 Choose the correct answer and fill in the blanks (2)
a) The flies ____________________________on the wall.
i) swim, II) crawl, III) walk
b) The squirrel _____________________ from one place to another.
i) leaps ii) walks iii) crawls
c) _______________________ can dive and swim.
i) lions ii)squirrels iii)seals
d) ______________________ is an action word.
i) girl ii) wings ii) run
A2.2 Fill in the blanks (2)
1. The lion’s paws are _________ .
2. The word that rhymes with tail is _______ .
3. A ______ can swing by its tail.
4. Write the correct word from the jumbled letters..
A2.3 Answer the following
1. Why do boys and girls have much more fun? (1)
SECTION – B (WRITING -15 MARKS)
B1. Complete the sentences . (3)
1. When I grow up I will become ________________________________.
2. I help my mother in ___________________________________________.
3. A postman__________________________________________________.
B2. Make Sentences. (2)
B3. Look at the picture and write 5 sentences about it. (5)
It is a __________________________________________________________
B .4 Write a letter to your friend describing your school . (5)
SECTION C (GRAMMAR-10 MARKS)
C1. Choose the correct answer and fill in the blanks (1 ½)
1. Give me some ________________ to eat. ( food/ clothes) .
2. It is a ____________________________ (feel/foolish) bird.
3. Swim across ________________________ (the river/ the road).
C2. Match the animals and their young ones. (2)
a) horse lamb
b) sheep calf
c) cow kitten
d) cat colt
C3.Fill in the blanks with the opposites of the underlined words: (1)
1. Monkeys have long tails but dogs have _____________________ tails.
2. Ice cream is cold but this tea is ______________________________.
C4. Fill in the gaps with the plural of the underlined words: (1)
Example. She has a ball but he has many balls.
1. It is a duck. They are ___________________________.
2. Mary has one child. Raji has three_________________________.
C5. Add ‘ful’ to make a word. (½)
1. These papers are ____________________________
C6. Write full form (1)
i. Don’t ___________________ ii. isn’t ___________________
C7. Make two words from ‘sometimes’ (1)
C8. Circle the words with a ‘j’ sound: (1)
grow June goose giraffe
C9. Rearrange the words and make meaningful sentence. (1)
1. baby / the moon / your / catch / to / wants
SECTION D (LITERATURE-15 MARKS)
D1. Read the following lines and fill in the blanks given below.
A girl named Meena was twelve years old. She climbed the hill along with her friends. She carried a small boy on her back who was four years old. His hair was curly. His eyes were black and his face was as fresh as the morning dew.
D1.1. Fill in the blanks (2)
1. The name of the girl was ________ ______ .
2. The girl climbed the _______ ______.
3. The eyes of the boy were ________ _ .
4. The small boy was ________ _______years old.
D2. Read the following lines and fill in the blanks given below.
I met a horse as I went walking;
We got talking,
Horse and I.
“Where are you going to, Horse, today?”
(I said to the Horse as he went by).
‘Down to the village to get some hay.
Will you come with me?’ ‘No, not I.’
D2.1 Choose the correct answer and fill in the blanks (2)
1. The Horse was going to the .
i) city ii) town iii) village
2. The Horse wanted some .
i) bread ii) hay iii) water
3. In the above lines ‘I’ is a .
i) child ii) man iii) horse
4. The opposite of down is .
i) above ii)up iii) on
Please click the below link to access CBSE Class 3 English Sample Paper Set P.
Click for more English Study Material ›