Download Class 3 Mathematics Worksheets with important questions and answers, assignments, NCERT Solutions, Sample Papers and Question Papers with solutions, latest syllabus, online tests and many other useful study material prepared based on latest guidelines, term examination pattern and blueprint issued by CBSE and NCERT. Also see Drawing for Class 3.
Click below for Class 3 Mathematics worksheets and assignments, latest syllabus, NCERT CBSE books, NCERT solutions, hots, multiple choice questions (mcqs), easy to learn concepts and study notes of all class 3 Mathematics chapters, online tests, Sample papers and last year solved Question papers. Also checkout class 3 hindi worksheets.
Following are some critical points which the Class 3 Mathematics students and their parents should keep in mind while studying mathematics. Following are the activities which students should be able to perform:
- Students should be able to count large number of objects from their surroundings by making groups of 100,10 and ones
- Parents can help the students to write a number (up to 999) and the other group reads it.
- Students of class 3 Maths can apply place values for writing greatest/ smallest numbers with three digits. (Digits may or may not repeat.)
- Arrange concrete objects and draw different multiplication facts/ combinations of a given number, for example 6 mangoes can be arranged as
- Develop multiplication facts of 2, 3, 4, 5 and 10 using different ways e.g., Skip counting, and by using repeated addition. You can even download some Worksheets for class 3 Mathematics to check your understanding.
- Experience equal sharing and grouping and connecting them mathematically in their own context. for example, sharing of equal number of sweets among children
- Observe various 3D shapes available in the surroundings and discussions may be held for identification of similarities and differences with respect to their corresponding 2D. Shapes like triangle, square, circle cut outs of cardboard
- Make 2D shapes through paper folding/ paper cutting activities and worksheets.
- Describe the properties of 2D shapes in their own words/languages like number of corners, edges on a shape, etc. floor, on the footpath, etc., to draw conclusion that all shapes do not tile.
- Conduct role play of seller and buyer in selling/buying situation where lots of addition and subtraction of amounts using play money may be done
- Measure the length of objects in their surroundings by using scale/ tape. Students may be encouraged to estimate the length first and then verify it by actual measurement. Sample Papers for Class 3 Maths are the best way to test this skill.
- Use simple balance to compare and find weight of common objects in terms of nonstandard units likes small stones, packets of objects, etc.
- Measure capacities of different containers and describe their experiences of doing so, e.g., finding how many jugs can fill a bucket or how many glasses can be filled from one jug full of water
- Use of vocabulary about time and calendar through discussions/ story telling
- Attempt to read a clock and calendar. Have you checked the NCERT Books for Class 3 Maths ?
- Observe patterns both geometrical and numerical and discuss them. (Presentation by the group may be one in front of the whole class)
- Collect and record data in their own way and use pictograph to represent it. for example, flower of different colours in the school garden or the number of boys and girls present a class
- To interpret pictographs from magazines and newspaper which can be displayed in the classroom.
Latest NCERT & CBSE News
Read the latest news and announcements from NCERT and CBSE below. Important updates relating to your studies which will help you to keep yourself updated with latest happenings in school level education. Keep yourself updated with all latest news and also read articles from teachers which will help you to improve your studies, increase motivation level and promote faster learning
The CBSE Science Challenge - 2020 Science is inexplicably linked with our lives and helps us to understand the world around us better. Scientific and technological developments contribute to progress and help improve our standards of living. By engaging with this...
BRICSMATH.COM is an annual International Online Competition in Mathematics, for students of classes I – XII of 07 BRICS countries (Brazil, Russia, India, China and South Africa, Indonesia and Vietnam). The competition is held online on the website www.bricsmath.com and...
CBSE pioneered in providing digital academic documents through its academic repository called “Parinam Manjusha” and DigiLocker. As on now result data from 2004 till this year is available in the repository. Approx. 12 crores digital academic documents are available...
Tricks for Proper Utilization of Add-On 15 Minutes introduced in CBSE Board Exams The intend of this article is to share the best suggestions and guidelines to utilize the extra 15 minutes provided for reading the question paper in CBSE Board Examination. These extra...
As you are aware, Republic Day is celebrated every year on 26th January to honour the Constitution and Republic of our country. Celebration of this occasion annually helps youth and children of our country to be aware of the significance of Indian Constitution, unity...