Read and download PDF of CBSE Class 3 English Sample Paper Set V designed as per the latest curriculum and examination pattern for Class 3 issued by CBSE, NCERT and KVS. The latest Class 3 English Sample Papers have been provided with solutions so that the students can solve these practice papers and then compare their answers. This will help them to identify mistakes and improvement areas in English Standard 3 which they need to study more to get better marks in Grade 3 exams. After solving these guess papers also refer to solved Class 3 English Question Papers available on our website to build strong understanding of the subject
English Sample Paper Class 3
Students can refer to the below Class 3 English Sample Paper designed to help students understand the pattern of questions that will be asked in Grade 3 exams. Please download CBSE Class 3 English Sample Paper Set V
English Class 3 Sample Paper
GRAMMAR & WORKBOOK
I) Fill in the blanks using ‘A’, ‘An’ or ‘The’ as required :
1. What is _______________________ time ?
2. ___________ apple _____________________ day keeps _________________ doctor away.
3. Nina picked up ____________________ pen to write _________________letter.
4. He is _______________________ honest man.
5. Camel is ________________________ useful animal.
6. He came _______________________ hour late.
7. We went to see ____________________ Taj Mahal.
8. _______________________giraffe has a long neck.
9. ____________________________earth revolves round _____________________sun.
10. What _____________________ pity on her!
11.This is ___________________________ longest river in our country.
12. __________________ ugly women is sitting in ______________ car.
13. Bring _________________ chair from that room.
14. She ate _______________ egg in __________________morning.
15.Rana gave _______________one rupee coin to __________________shopkeeper.
Lesson 11 - The Conjunctions :
Pick out the conjunctions in the following sentences :
1. Ann is simple but Lucy is clever.________________________
2. Make hay while the sun shines. ___________________________
3. Wait here until I come back.__________________________
4. Tina is short and sweet. ___________________________
5. Though Ravi was hungry, he refused to eat anything.__________________________
6. Walk carefully or you might slip. _______________________
7. Although their house is small, it is comfortable__________________
8. Priya is sad she has lost her doll.___________________________
Fill in the blanks with suitable conjunctions. Choose from the box below :
[ because, but, if , as, or, unless, so ]
1. They went to Agra______________________ they wanted to see the Taj Mahal.
2. You will be granted leave ______________________ you apply in time.
3. Carry the jug carefully, __________________ you will spill the water.
4. The days are very hot, ______________ the nights are pleasant.
5. _______________________ she signs these papers she will not get the loan.
6. He did not work hard ________________________ he failed.
7. ____________________________the film was dull, we didn’t see the whole of it.
Lesson 14 : Gender of Nouns :
I) Write the gender of each of the following words :
Lesson 4 : The Verb :
I) Pick out the verbs in the following sentences :
1. Mrs. Joe wraps a present ________________________________
2. Jack is listening to his favourite music _______________________
3. Braig hits the baseball over the fence ____________________
4. There will be snow on the ground tomorrow _______________________
5. Ken and his mother cook their dinner ________________
6. I have learnt my lesson _____________________________
II) Choose from list B the verb of opposite meaning in List A
III) Choose the right verb from those in the brackets and underline it :
a. Shyam (floats, flies, leaves ) his kite very high in the sky.
b. Abdullah (sent, left, threw) his hat to the monkeys.
c. Traffic accidents in Saudi Arabia (kill, perish, damage) more people than any other country in the Gulf.
d. (Cutting, Planting, Removing) trees is considered as a social work.
e. Rita (fails, attends, misses) regularly the dance class, so she performs well.
Lesson 5 : The Adjective
I) Pick out the adjectives of quality in the following sentence :
a) Joe’s truck has a flat tire. _____________________________
b) The grass was damp after the light rain ____________________________
c) The fat white rabbit was cute.________________________
d) The new teacher is nice to us __________________________
e) Mom covered the baby with a soft blue blanket _____________________
f) I washed my hair and it is wet. _________________
II) Fill in the blanks with suitable adjectives of quality taken from the box :
[messy, heavy, fresh, beautiful, new, good ]
a. Tommy went to the store to buy __________________ eggs.
b. Darla drew a very _____________________picture of Bill.
c. Joe cleaned his ______________________bedroom.
d. After ________________ rain, our yard was merry muddy.
e. Mr. James drove his ________________ car to church.
f. Mary and Maria are _______________girls.
Workbook [Worksheets 8 & 11]
I) Complete these sentences using can, can’t , could and couldn’t :
a. Susan __________________________ hear the speaker because the crowd was cheering so loudly.
b. I ______________come and see you tomorrow if you like.
c. Alf played well but he ____________________beat Jack.
d. I _____________speak Chinese when I was a kid.
e. _____________________you hold your breathe for more than a minute ?
f. When we went into the house, we _____________________ smell burning.
g. Elephants _______________________climb trees.
II) Which two words make up the contraction :
a. Don’t [ do not, do to , do will]
b. We’re [ we were , we have, we are]
c. She’s [she will, she would, she is ]
d. won’t [will not, would not, they will ]
III) Put the apostrophe in the right place :
a. Dr Grants first patient looks very ill.
b. Professor Smiths car is blue.
c. Justins shoelace is untied.
d. Fluffys kittens are named Huey,Dewey and Louie.
e. The dogs paw got caught into the sofa
IV) Write the questions for the answers . Use the simple present tense or the simple past tense : [Do, Does, Did]
She usually come to work on time.
Our team play well yesterday.
We need the receipt now.
Amy come to school by bike this morning.
You complete your homework.
V) Complete these questions using the question words in the box. Each question word is used only once :
[Why How often When What Which Who How many Where How long How ]
a. _______________________ ____________________ did the party last ?
b. __________________________ are you fighting ?
c. ________________ ____________________ cars do your parents have ?
d. __________________ was your Christmas ?
e. ______________ __________________ do you have English class ?
f. ___________________ are they coming to visit ?
g. ______________________opened the door ?
h. ____________________ do you mean ?
i. ___________________________ of these is the correct answer ?
j. _______________________ are you living ?
Complete the sentences using the right words from the box :
[press shakes knead wave scratched pinch stroke squeeze]
a. He ____________________________ his coat to see if his keys are in the pockets.
b. I get into the elevator and _______________________ the down button but nothing happened.
c. My little brother is always trying to _____________________ me.
d. Touch and _____________________ your pet animal daily, it strengthens the bond with its owner.
e. He _______________________ the juice from the orange.
f. I have to go to hospital as a stray cat ___________________________ me.
g. To get soft chapatti we need to _________________ the soft dough smoothly.
h. The flags __________________ in the wind.
Match the words which go together :
Define Verb. Give two examples :
Define Adjectives. Give two examples :
1. Paragraph writing with the given clues [Bird]
[Practice with different birds]
2. Write a letter to your friend inviting him/her for your birthday party.
Please click the below link to access CBSE Class 3 English Sample Paper Set V
Click for more English Study Material ›