Section A: Reading
A1. Read the passage and answer the following questions.
They are children going to school. ‘Chatter, chatter, chatter,’ talk the school children. ‘Tramp, tramp, tramp,’ go their shoes. ‘Peas, carrots, cabbages,’ calls the vegetable man.
‘Chirrup, chirrup, chirrup,’ says the sparrows. ‘Caw, caw, caw,’ says the crow, ‘wake up.’ ‘Caw, caw, caw,’ says the crow. ‘Caw, caw, wake up.’
‘Wake up!’ asks the road. ‘Can’t you see, you foolish bird, I am wide awake.’
A1.1 Match the columns.
1. children a. moo, moo, moo
2. shoes b. chatter, chatter, chatter
3. sparrows c. tramp, tramp, tramp
4. crow d. chirrup, chirrup, chirrup
A1.2 Fill in the blanks.
1. The _______________________ are going to school.
2. The road calls the crow _____________________.
3. The _________________________ man is calling.
4. The road is ______________________ awake.
A1.3 Answer the following question.
1. Why is the road annoyed with the crow?
A.2 Read the poem and answer the following questions.
The lion walks on padded paws,
The squirrel leaps from limb to limb,
While flies can crawl straight up a wall,
And seals can dive and swim.
The worm he wiggles all around,
The monkey swings by his tail,
And birds may hop upon the ground
Or spread their wings and sail.
But boys and girls
Have much more fun,
They leap and dance,
And walk and run.
A2.1 Match the animals with their movements.
1. lions a. wiggle
2. seals b. walk
3. worms c. swing
4. monkeys d. hop
Please click the below link to access CBSE Class 3 English Sample Paper Set 4