CBSE Class 3 English Sample Paper Set D. It’s always recommended to practice as many CBSE sample papers as possible before the examinations. The latest sample papers have been designed as per the latest blue prints, syllabus and examination trends. Sample papers should be practiced in examination condition at home or school and also show it to your teachers for checking or compare with the answers provided. Students can download the sample papers in pdf format free and score better marks in examinations. Refer to other links too for latest sample papers.
I Write true or false:
(1) The poet Alan Maley was not able to hear any sound in the morning._________
(2) ‘Creaking’ is the sound of water coming out of the water taps. __________
(3) A spider’s web reminds people of the Sun with the rays.________
(4) The Sun was guarded well by the people who had light. ________
II Fill in the blanks:
(1) Buzzard kept the piece of the Sun on his_______________.
(2) The people lived on the ___________________ half of the world.
(3) Grandmother Spider kept ____________________into things.
(4) The Fox thought that he was very ___________________.
III Answer the following questions :
(1) What happened to Possum’s tail?
(2) How did Grandmother Spider bring light?
IV Frame a sentence using the given word :
bald - ____________________________________________________________________
V Match the words with their meanings :
(1) groan - a state of complete confusion.
(2) eternal - a low noise of pain or sorrow.
(3) chaos - never ending.
VI Fill up the blanks using ‘a’ , ‘an’, or ‘the’
(1) My father gave me ___________ apple. _________apple was very tasty.
(2) Suman wants to see __________Red Fort.
(3) __________ bird is flying in _________ sky.
VII Underline the verbs in these sentences: (½x3=1½)
(1) Kamal swims nicely.
(2) All of us are writing.
(3) Tania will be going on a picnic.
VIII Fill is / are/ am in the blanks : (½x3=1½)
(1) I ______________busy.
(2) Roma and Sona ____________singing.
(3) The lion _____________sleeping.
IX Tick (√) the correct answer: (½x2=1)
(1) A cat (was/were) sitting on my bed.
(2) The children (was/were) playing in the park.
X Fill up the blanks with has/ have /had. (½x4=2)
(1) My aunt ___________ a very big house.
(2) Rakesh and Mahesh _____________ a new toy.
(3) Tarun ____________ a blue car last year. Someone stole it.
(4) I __________ a pet dog. Its name is Tommy.
XI Fill up the blanks by choosing the right verb from the brackets. (½x3=1½)
(Subject – Verb agreement)
(1) Suman ____________ watermelon. ( love / loves).
(2) Tigers ____________very fast ( run / runs).
(3) The moon _____________ in the night sky. (shine / shines).
XII Rewrite the given sentences using capital letter, full stop or question mark wherever needed: (½x3=1½)
(1) taj Mahal is in Agra.
(2) Ashima, where are you going
(3) These trees are very tall
Please click the link below to download the full pdf file for CBSE Class 3 English Sample Paper Set D.
Click for more English Study Material ›