NCERT Solutions Class 5 EVS Chapter 2 A snake Charmers story with answers available in Pdf for free download. The NCERT Solutions for Class 5 Environmental Studies with answers have been prepared as per the latest syllabus, NCERT books and examination pattern suggested in Standard 5 by CBSE, NCERT and KVS. Solutions to questions given in NCERT book for Class 5 Environmental Studies are an important part of exams for Grade 5 Environmental Studies and if practiced properly can help you to get higher marks. Refer to more Chapter-wise Solutions for NCERT Class 5 Environmental Studies and also download more latest study material for all subjects
Chapter 2 A snake Charmers story Class 5 NCERT Solutions
Class 5 Environmental Studies students should refer to the following NCERT questions with answers for Chapter 2 A snake Charmers story in standard 5. These NCERT Solutions with answers for Grade 5 Environmental Studies will come in exams and help you to score good marks
Chapter 2 A snake Charmers story NCERT Solutions Class 5
NCERT Solutions for Class 5 EVS for Chapter 2 A snake Charmers story
1. Have you ever seen anyone playing a been? Where?
Ans. Yes, I have seen snake-charmers playing a been. Sometimes they come to our colony.
2. Have you ever seen a snake? Where?
Ans. Yes, I have seen snakes. The snake charmers who come to our colony carry many types of snakes.
3. Were you scared by it? Why?
Ans. Yes, I was scared because I have heard that some snakes are poisonous.
4. Do you think all snakes are poisonous?
Ans. No, I don’t think so.
5. In chapter 1 you read that snakes do not have external ears. Can the snake hear the been or does it dance when the been moves? What do you think?
Ans. Snakes cannot hear the been. They dance when the been moves.
6. Have you ever seen animals being used for entertainment of people? When and where did you see this?
Ans. Yes, In circus, parks, roadside and sometimes in our colony, I have seen many animals being used for entertainment of people.
7. Which animal show did you see?
Ans. I saw the show of monkeys, snakes, elephants, lion, tiger, panther, beer etc.
8. How did people behave with the animals in the show?
Ans. The behaviour of people towards the animals was warm.
9. Was anyone teasing the animal? How?
Ans. No, nobody was teasing the animal.
10. What kind of questions came to your mind after seeing that animal show?
Ans. Many questions came to my mind after seeing that show such as:
(i) Is it fair to use animals for the entertainment of people?
(ii) How are the animals caught from the forests and trained?
(iii) Whether they are handled with care?
(iv) Would it not be better if they are set free in the forest?
11. Imagine that you are an animal in a cage. Think how you would fee. Complete the sentences.
Ans. I am afraid when my trainer beats me if I do any mistake.
I Wish I could roam freely in the forest.
I am sad when I remember my family.
If I had a chance I would run free into the forest.
I do not like it at all when people tease me.
12. Like snake charmer, which other people depend on animals for their livelihood?
Ans. Besides snake-charmers, many people like milkman, poultry farmers, tonga-wala, farmer, washerman etc. depend on animals for their livelihood.
13. Talk to some people in your neighbourhood who keep one or more animals for their livelihood for example, a horse for a tonga, hence for eggs etc.
· Name is the animal they keep?
· How many animals are there?
· Is there a separate place for the animals?
· Who looks after them?
· What do the animals eat?
· Do the animals ever fall ill? What does the keeper do then?
· Make some more questions and discuss.
· Make a report on your project and read it our in class.
Ans. There is a milkman who lives near my house. He has kept five cows. There is a separate construction for these cows. The calves are kept at some distance away from the cows. Milkman and his wife look after them. The cows eat fodder, grasses, etc. Sometimes when any cow falls ill, it is treated by a veterinary doctor. These cows give plenty of milk. By selling this milk, the milkman earns his livelihood.
14. The government has made a law that no one can catch and keep snakes. What do you think about this law? Give reasons for your answer and write in your own words.
Ans. I think this law is in the interest of animals. I have seen many animals being used for entertainment and as means for earning livelihood, such as in circus, with snake charmers, etc. Of course they take care of these animals because they earn their livelihood from them, but I think the animals would be happy only if they are allowed to live freely in their natural habitat. Nobody wants slavery.
Further, if any animals does any mistake during the training or the show, the trainer torture it, which is really pathetic.
Apart from these, many hunters and poachers kill animals for their skins, tusks, horns etc. After making the law, such activities are checked so I think it is a good move.
|NCERT Solutions Class 5 EVS Chapter 1 Super Senses|
|NCERT Solutions Class 5 EVS Chapter 2 A snake Charmers story|
|NCERT Solutions Class 5 EVS Chapter 3 From Tasting to Digesting|
|NCERT Solutions Class 5 EVS Chapter 4 Mangoes Round the year|
|NCERT Solutions Class 5 EVS Chapter 5 Seeds and Seeds|
|NCERT Solutions Class 5 EVS Chapter 6 Every drop counts|
|NCERT Solutions Class 5 EVS Chapter 7 Experiments with water|
|NCERT Solutions Class 5 EVS Chapter 8 A treat for mosquitoes|
|NCERT Solutions Class 5 EVS Chapter 9 Up you go|
|NCERT Solutions Class 5 EVS Chapter 10 Walls tells stories|
|NCERT Solutions Class 5 EVS Chapter 11 Sunita in space|
|NCERT Solutions Class 5 EVS Chapter 12 What if it Finishes files|
|NCERT Solutions Class 5 EVS Chapter 13 A shelter so high|
|NCERT Solutions Class 5 EVS Chapter 14 When the earth shook|
|NCERT Solutions Class 5 EVS Chapter 15 Blow hot block cold|
|NCERT Solutions Class 5 EVS Chapter 16 Who will do this work|
|NCERT Solutions Class 5 EVS Chapter 17 Across the wall|
|NCERT Solutions Class 5 EVS Chapter 18 No place for us|
|NCERT Solutions Class 5 EVS Chapter 19 A seed tells a farmer story|
|NCERT Solutions Class 5 EVS Chapter 20 Whose forests|
|NCERT Solutions Class 5 EVS Chapter 21 Like father like daughter|
|NCERT Solutions Class 5 EVS Chapter 22 On the move again|